GDT Steelers vs Chargers SNF 12/2/18

Steeler Hitman

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yup.  Why is not a team rule of thumb that no matter what only the return guy touches it past the LOS?

Ya I always knew that.  I guess I don't remember seeing it before but I guess I never realized a partial block was the same as the ball bouncing off some one downfield.

1 minute ago, grubs10 said:

Ya I always knew that.  I guess I don't remember seeing it before but I guess I never realized a partial block was the same as the ball bouncing off some one downfield.

All that matters is the ball being past the LOS.  Doesn't matter how it got there.

Just now, 3rivers said:

trade up,  that's what I meant. If a player is like that, it's worth the trade up

I'm sorry but there's not a single safety I would ever trade up for going forward. In today's NFL unless you get the Gronk-stopper of a Tight End you sit. There's no gaurantee at the position nowadays.

2 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

The Partial Block wasn't what made it a live ball. #38 jumping and touching it is what made it a live ball. Wouldn't count if ball goes backwards since offense would've recovered backwards, UNLESS, we clearly established possession then lost it.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

The Partial Block wasn't what made it a live ball. #38 jumping and touching it is what made it a live ball. Wouldn't count if ball goes backwards since offense would've recovered backwards, UNLESS, we clearly established possession then lost it.

Ahh thanks.  I wasn't even thinking about the fact that we dove on it after it crossed the LOS.  It all makes sense now.  Play on

Archived