Denver Broncos @ San Francisco 49ers GDT

broncosfan07

Just about sums it up. We ran the ball for a 1 yard gain.

This is what I am referring to when I respond to people saying, "we need to run the ball more". We, and pretty much all NFL teams, cannot run the ball against a look like that. You HAVE to pass the ball. Use stack releases with crosses to separate from the press coverage and you will get big plays there.

10 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Just about sums it up. We ran the ball for a 1 yard gain.

This is what I am referring to when I respond to people saying, "we need to run the ball more". We, and pretty much all NFL teams, cannot run the ball against a look like that. You HAVE to pass the ball. Use stack releases with crosses to separate from the press coverage and you will get big plays there.

We could have quite a chat about this but as slow as I am on a keyboard it would take a month. Granted, running wide against that look is a fools errand. Between the tackles though is another story. Thats where 80 yard runs come from. Get through the LOS and there's lots of green. All you need is a small crease and Lindsays gone.

Given our QB's limitations I'd turn our OL loose and attack the LOS. 

13 hours ago, AKRNA said:

We could have quite a chat about this but as slow as I am on a keyboard it would take a month. Granted, running wide against that look is a fools errand. Between the tackles though is another story. Thats where 80 yard runs come from. Get through the LOS and there's lots of green. All you need is a small crease and Lindsays gone.

Given our QB's limitations I'd turn our OL loose and attack the LOS. 

I think that is a very low percentage play though mate. Yes, it can happen. But you've got significantly more box defenders than blockers so percentages wise, it's going to take a ton of plays to break that wall and even then, you've still got to beat the deep Safety.

19 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I think that is a very low percentage play though mate. Yes, it can happen. But you've got significantly more box defenders than blockers so percentages wise, it's going to take a ton of plays to break that wall and even then, you've still got to beat the deep Safety.

I told you this could last a while bud. This kinda conversation is best with your elbows on a bar.

Anyway, Shanahan and Gibbs used to tear that look apart with quick traps, short pulls, dives, etc. Once again, between the tackles. You run right at it, the OLB's start pinching in. Get a little "junkyard dog" out of your WR's attacking the CB's on every play. That opens up quick slants and crossing patterns. 

Basically, whatever you do has to be quick and you have to attack it. Staying between the OT's really limits the effect of the 8 man box. 

There's more, but this is where I'd take a sip and you'd rebut.:D

Archived