Colt McCoy out with fractured fibula; may or may not go on IR

naptownskinsfan

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yep, that’s where I’m at. If you can get Greedy Williams and then trade up from the second round for Mack Wilson. Look, I get people hate what they did in picking up Foster but if for some reason they can get that dummy to turn his life around they just picked up a heat-seeking missile at ILB. Adding Williams, Foster and Wilson and possibly Shane Ray via Free Agency would do wonders for this defense. I’m also assuming Manusky is gone. 

What do you do with Zack Brown? 

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Cut him. If we’re going into a rebuild then Brown becomes irrelevant due to age. 

I have no problem with that as long as we dont take a big cap hit. He did just resign this past offseason so I'm not sure what the cap hit would be. 

38 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If you pair a LBer with Brown that can cover I think Brown can be a good Robin to their Batman.

I absolutely agree with you. I’m a big fan of Zach but if you can get Wilson in the draft and Foster is cleared to play there’s no where left for Brown on the roster and his $9M cap hit will almost guarantee that. 

29 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Replacing both MLbs in one offseason is going to be nearly impossible.  Don’t forget  CB, ROLB, LG and QB are going to be huge gaping holes on the roster.

Foster isn't a FA. Either Brown restructures his deal down or he's gone. I'm not paying an ILB almost $9M when he can't cover a bed

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yes. And I have no problem replacing him either (I'm not scared of replacing both ILB). But he's only gonna cost us $2.2m

I think you’re being too harsh on Brown, we can afford to overpay him one more season.  We aren’t going to be hurting for cap space once Norman is cut.

Archived