2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Damien Woody for starters.  He's very well-respected amongst NFL circles.  There's zero reason to say this guy isn't ready to coach in the NFL.  What's your basis?  No NFL experience?  

Damien Woody says a lot of non sense as well.. who else though?

im not saying he’s not ready or won’t be a good NFL coach. I’m saying he’s not the guy this team or more importantly, our QB needs. If he’s so well respected why are we the only team apparently going after him? He can demand all the respect in the world but only 1 out of 8 NFL teams were interested in him? And the 1 team that is is the team that is notorious for getting it wrong. 

Apprently his biggest strength is leadership and establishing the message.. IMO that is the hardest trait to carry into the next level. These aren’t young impressionable kids that he’s going to need to get to buy in. These are grown men with egos. But yes overall it’s the lack of NFL experience and I seriously question if he will be able to put together a staff.

On the other end, why do you think he’s the right guy to coach the Jets?

More info...

It's coming from Manish so we'll never know, but if true it appears they're paying close attention to who the candidates plan on hiring, not just who they'd want to bring in. Player development needs to be paramount, not making sure buddies get a job. 

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

Damien Woody says a lot of non sense as well.. who else though?

im not saying he’s not ready or won’t be a good NFL coach. I’m saying he’s not the guy this team or more importantly, our QB needs. If he’s so well respected why are we the only team apparently going after him? He can demand all the respect in the world but only 1 out of 8 NFL teams were interested in him? And the 1 team that is is the team that is notorious for getting it wrong. 

Apprently his biggest strength is leadership and establishing the message.. IMO that is the hardest trait to carry into the next level. These aren’t young impressionable kids that he’s going to need to get to buy in. These are grown men with egos. But yes overall it’s the lack of NFL experience and I seriously question if he will be able to put together a staff.

On the other end, why do you think he’s the right guy to coach the Jets?

Obviously irrelevant now.  I'm not positive he would've been the right guy, but I like his demeanor, how he gets the most out of his players, and how ex-players/current players, staff, etc. rant and rave about his knowledge of the game and the respect he gathers.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I bet we’re already regretting not getting KK yesterday.

If Manish isn't just letting off a bunch of BS (entirely possible), we didn't hire KK for the same reason we're not hiring Rhule: not impressed with their coaching staff. 

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Obviously irrelevant now.  I'm not positive he would've been the right guy, but I like his demeanor, how he gets the most out of his players, and how ex-players/current players, staff, etc. rant and rave about his knowledge of the game and the respect he gathers.

Gotcha. If we were guaranteed to get a Greg Williams and Monken on his staff, I could of lived with it. But that was never happening.

Archived