The Saints just signed Simmie Cobbs off PS

MikeT14

Just now, turtle28 said:

Chessum has yet to show he even deserved to be on an nfl roster besides tackling on special teams. If we didn’t have 3 WRs on IR he would NOT be on our roster.

Chessum isn’t that guy currently and may never be.

While possibly true, maybe he does grow into something. Maybe not.

However, Quick and Floyd have shown you what they are in the NFL for seven years now each. Where they are today is their ceiling. They aren't magically going to break out in 2019 during their age 30 season.

At least Chesson has a minute chance.

15 minutes ago, Woz said:
  1. They've also dropped a bunch of passes that the team needed them to make. If you cannot count on them, are they really serviceable?
  2. But even if we accept that they are serviceable, as you yourself said, the team needs to look to the future. "Nothing special, serviceable vets" are available by the truckloads in the offseason. If they truly needed a JAG receiver like Floyd or Quick, they (or someone equivalent) will surely be there in May or June.

I haven’t watched every snap this year like usual due to traveling and just bring busy, but I have not seen either Floyd or Quick have issues with drops. I remember Doctson and Crowder dropping a few each in the first month of the season and Richardson dropping one vs the Colts. If they have dropped a few then that’s not good. Again, they’re serviceable vets, and if not sooner, Floyd should be been cut for sure after Alex broke his leg in favor of Cobbs.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I haven’t watched every snap, but I have not seen either Floyd or Quick have issues with drops. 

I don't have Quick's numbers (since he was cut) but Floyd: 18 targets, 7 catches. Sure not all of them are on him, but I know a few have been.

Basically, this summarizes what Quick and Floyd offer to the team:

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, Woz said:

I don't have Quick's numbers (since he was cut) but Floyd: 18 targets, 7 catches. Sure not all of them are on him, but I know a few have been.

Basically, this summarizes what Quick and Floyd offer to the team:

giphy.gif

And a pass interference in a pear tree

Archived