2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

On 2/11/2018 at 8:27 AM, LinderFournette said:

Blame first picks draft board

I will.  It sucks apparently.

Seems like maybe they're using a draft board that follows their rankings.  Rather than one of the boards that is more of a "consensus ranking" that gives a better representation of where guys will be available.

Consensus type boards mostly suck hard for predicting future success and important things like that.  But are important in gauging roughly where a guy might actually be taken in the real draft.  For like...mock draft type purposes and stuff.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I will.  It sucks apparently.

Seems like maybe they're using a draft board that follows their rankings.  Rather than one of the boards that is more of a "consensus ranking" that gives a better representation of where guys will be available.

Consensus type boards mostly suck hard for predicting future success and important things like that.  But are important in gauging roughly where a guy might actually be taken in the real draft.  For like...mock draft type purposes and stuff.

i dont think fanspeak has a compilation board so to speak but they have Multiple big boards

On 2/13/2018 at 5:15 AM, LinderFournette said:

i dont think fanspeak has a compilation board so to speak but they have Multiple big boards

Just makes it harder to really see a lot of value out of "mocks" when the board used doesn't appear to take into account more widespread opinions and projections on where guys might go.

At some point, you can pretty much find a board to make your mock fall any which way you want.  Gimme a sec while i put together a mock with someone's board that hates Baker Mayfield and has him as a 4th round value.  I'm winning the draft!!!

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Just makes it harder to really see a lot of value out of "mocks" when the board used doesn't appear to take into account more widespread opinions and projections on where guys might go.

At some point, you can pretty much find a board to make your mock fall any which way you want.  Gimme a sec while i put together a mock with someone's board that hates Baker Mayfield and has him as a 4th round value.  I'm winning the draft!!!

most of the boards have a similiar top 50ish but thats it, 

29: R1P29C BILLY PRICE OHIO STATE starting g
61: R2P29TE DALLAS GOEDERT SOUTH DAKOTA STATE starting te
93: R3P29QB LUKE FALK WASHINGTON STATE qb of future?
131: R4P29 WR MARCELL ATEMAN OKLAHOMA STATE big athletic wr
206: R6P29 LB NICK DELUCA NORTH DAKOTA STATE lb depth
230: R7P12 OT GEORGE SENAT WAGNER developmental ot
247: R7P29 CB DARIUS PHILLIPS WESTERN MICHIGAN potential backup cb.

Its from Matt Miller's board

On 2/17/2018 at 7:55 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

I will say, Rudolph’s pocket presence is outstanding.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he is the pick at 29.

Is it though?  I'd call it "decent", personally.  He has plenty of flashes of good presence and movement.  But he doesn't always look composed and comfortable when he does end up moved...and an awful lot of the time, he doesn't even really have to deal with a messy pocket.

I'm really intrigued by this TE, Ian Thomas out of Indiana.  Seems like a real "projection" pick, raw and really inexperienced, kinda limited production...but most of the stuff he does is really impressive.  Looks like a ton of "upside" to him if you can get him coached up and comfortable in an offense.  Great hands, physical mentality, and some real natural looking feel for the position.

I think TE is a position we all expect to see addressed at some point, probably fairly early.  He's a Day 2 guy that i'm pretty fond of.  Really like what i've seen of Tyler Conklin out of Central Michigan too.  They've got the "raw, small sample" and "small school" knocks to them...but i don't really love any of the usual suspect top name guys much more than them.  Not for what we do with TEs most of the time anyway.  We don't really need a Jimmy Graham.

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Any particular one...or just like, spin a wheel?

Just a general thought. Find a good one and draft him. Or a receiving TE (who can block), but I don’t think Coughlin has ever been big on receiving Tight Ends

I just feel like we need some guys who can create separation regularly. It feels like aside from whe Hurnsy is healthy and ARob is 100%, we are always getting guys in tight windows. It’s rare that a guy gets a catch over the middle of the field 12 yards deep and has room to run free for a little bit.

Archived