Who is more to blame for Carolina’s issues, Rivera or Newton

patriotsheatyan

"Blame" is the wrong way to think about this. Their season was fine until they started getting hurt. Having a player like Cam hurt (and he is - there is no way to watch him and not see that) is devastating to a season. That's nobody's fault. And it's a shoulder injury, a rotator one at that possibly, one of the most difficult things to diagnose let alone fix. It probably feels "fine" some of the time, certainly not bad enough to keep a competitive person from playing. The drop off from Cam to whoever is next is huge so I can understand how they've dealt with this. Add to it the ownership shakeup and you have a nice formula for what we've seen from them this year.

Now. Carolina is our divisional opponent so my view on them is always colored by that fact. I'm quite content with them losing. :) They are much better than they are playing, but they're also hurt. Losing Olsen for the season helped nobody but us (and the other NFCS teams). Whatever else you think of Cam, he deserves to be where he is and he's torn us up plenty bad over the years. I expect that both he and Rivera will be back next year with things a little bit more settled.

Carolina is a dangerous team and, as a resident of a household with multiple black cats, would be a natural go-to team for me to root for were they not in our division. But alas. They are, so I must dislike them. But it's just dislike. Saints fans tend to reserve hate for ATL. ;) 

Archived