Seriously...who can beat the Bears with that D?

ibt734

34 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

These are Bears away games so far this year - 

@ Packers - 23-24 Loss

@ Cardinals - 16 - 14 Win

@ Miami -  28 - 31 Loss

@ Bills -  41 - 9 Win

@ Lions  23 - 16 Win

@ Giants - 27-30 Loss

@ 49ers - 14 - 9 Win

They have had one of the easiest road schedules.They haven't played any playoff team on road so far..yet they are still 4-3 on road. With Mitch, they are 3-2 on road. Other than Bills game, every game was a close one. 

Bears most likely won't be having homefield advantage in Divisional round & NFCCG (if they reach there)...so yeah they are definitely beatable away from home. They are extremely tough team to beat at Soldier field but no so much on road.

This. The Bears have not been a good road team. They really need to take that bye away from the Rams. The issue for the Bears isn't the defense. It'll be good in the playoffs. The issue for the Bears is the inexperienced offense and QB. I don't think they can go on the road and beat the Rams. And they might not have the easiest time beating the Vikings at home. The playoffs are just a different animal. I discounted how important experience was last year until I saw how tight the Rams were playing against the Falcons in the first half of that game.

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

They play Nick Foles 

Interesting position they’re in. I would prefer to play Minn at home if I’m the Bears, and you gotta assume the Rams are gonna take care of business. On the other hand, divisional games are always tough, and I would want to keep my rivals out of the playoffs.

1 hour ago, ibt734 said:

Defenses travel well. Tell me how any team can expose and beat the Bears with the D they have. Goff....exposed. Rodgers....exposed. Cousins....exposed. Who is to say that the Bears can't do to Brees what they did to Goff? If Trubisky plays like he has the last two weeks, how do they loose?

hmmm..How many of those 'exposes' were at away? That's the thing...Bears won't be having HFA after wild card round...I do think they have the ability to beat Rams in LA but beating Saints in SuperDome is extremely tough...also Bears haven't been that good on road. No team is unbeatable in NFL, especially this season. On a given day, any of the playoff teams can beat each other

14 hours ago, upriser7 said:

hmmm..How many of those 'exposes' were at away? That's the thing...Bears won't be having HFA after wild card round...I do think they have the ability to beat Rams in LA but beating Saints in SuperDome is extremely tough...also Bears haven't been that good on road. No team is unbeatable in NFL, especially this season. On a given day, any of the playoff teams can beat each other

Bears D looked pretty good in SF. Now before you dismiss SF, remember that they put up back-to-back victories against Seattle and Denver at hone. 

Of course they have the ability to beat the Rams. They already beat them. And Philly beat them in LA.

Yes. Going to the dome is tough. It was tough for Pittsburgh also. The Saints got a break that day.

The Bears are 4-3 OTR. Not too shabby. 

14 hours ago, jrry32 said:

This. The Bears have not been a good road team. They really need to take that bye away from the Rams. The issue for the Bears isn't the defense. It'll be good in the playoffs. The issue for the Bears is the inexperienced offense and QB. I don't think they can go on the road and beat the Rams. And they might not have the easiest time beating the Vikings at home. The playoffs are just a different animal. I discounted how important experience was last year until I saw how tight the Rams were playing against the Falcons in the first half of that game.

4-3 OTR is not a bad record. 

Goff looked stupid against the Bears. He had no clue. It would be no different if they played them in LA, IMHO. Mitch will be given the same game plan he has been running the last two weeks against the Pac and the Niners. Fangio will have more tricks for McVay who was clueless the first time. 

15 hours ago, upriser7 said:

These are Bears away games so far this year - 

@ Packers - 23-24 Loss

@ Cardinals - 16 - 14 Win

@ Miami -  28 - 31 Loss

@ Bills -  41 - 9 Win

@ Lions  23 - 16 Win

@ Giants - 27-30 Loss

@ 49ers - 14 - 9 Win

They have had one of the easiest road schedules.They haven't played any playoff team on road so far..yet they are still 4-3 on road. With Mitch, they are 3-2 on road. Other than Bills game, every game was a close one. 

Bears most likely won't be having homefield advantage in Divisional round & NFCCG (if they reach there)...so yeah they are definitely beatable away from home. They are extremely tough team to beat at Soldier field but no so much on road.

3-1 in their last four road games. And if they beat Minny in Minny.....

It isn't how you start, it's how you finish. 

Archived