Games You Need to Replay

MKnight82

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So I'm thinking I'm going to replay Dragon Age 2, I kind of blew through it the first time and I'm looking to play an RPG this weekend.  What are some other games you guys want to replay?  

• Breath of the Wild, but I pretty much 100%'d it the first time, so when I start again I trail off to another game
  • Odyssey. I will probably do this in 2019. One of the best games I've ever played
  • Fallout 3, but I don't have a way right now without buying a console. I tried on the PS streaming service and it sucked

I'm sure there's more. I've played most of the old pokemon games about 30 times, but the newer ones lost all replayability with the tutorial crap

If I didn't absolutely loathe the ending, I'd have to replay Mass Effect 1-3. 

I want to replay the Fable games.  Maybe not all of them, but I always started only to move on to other games. 

I'm definitely going to replay Mass Effect: Andromeda.  I really think that game gets too much hate.  I don't really care about graphics or animations and although it was inexcusable to have those issues, they don't bother me all that much when I'm playing. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

So I'm thinking I'm going to replay Dragon Age 2, I kind of blew through it the first time and I'm looking to play an RPG this weekend.  What are some other games you guys want to replay?  

I just bought FFXII remake on PS4 to play again.

30 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I want to replay the Fable games.  Maybe not all of them, but I always started only to move on to other games. 

I'm definitely going to replay Mass Effect: Andromeda.  I really think that game gets too much hate.  I don't really care about graphics or animations and although it was inexcusable to have those issues, they don't bother me all that much when I'm playing. 

I played Mass Effect 2 first after watching a video on ME1 to get the gist of the story. Immediately replayed to get the ending I wanted...I then tried to play ME1, and wow. The combat was so bad I didn't even get 3 hours in. 

ME3 combat was incredible, but man. Like you said, that ending was just awful

31 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I played Mass Effect 2 first after watching a video on ME1 to get the gist of the story. Immediately replayed to get the ending I wanted...I then tried to play ME1, and wow. The combat was so bad I didn't even get 3 hours in. 

I enjoy ME1 because of the nostalgia of it, I played it from the beginning.  The inventory system is tedious but I do think it has a good story.  

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I enjoy ME1 because of the nostalgia of it, I played it from the beginning.  The inventory system is tedious but I do think it has a good story.  

The story is great, never had an issue with that. I tried playing as an adept and after waiting like a full minute to do another attack I started again as a soldier. Overall bad combat experience. 

Mass Effect 2 is the first game that comes to mind. Been looking for a decent digital deal on it but unfortunately EA likes still wants to nickel and dime you for the DLC. I'd replay ME3 too probably. The ending sucks but there's still so many great story moments("had to be me, others might have gotten it wrong") and the gameplay was fun.

I don't think I could play ME1 again, game was fun the first time and the story is great but the game play was so tedious and playing as any class other than a soldier was terribly implemented. I don't want to drive the Mako again either.

Others that come to mind are Dragon Age Origins, and Halo 1 and 2. 

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

That's because they changed the formula of the game.  It went from being a turn-based RPG to more of a third person shooter with cover based mechanics.  Obviously, the change led to increased sales and one of the biggest franchises in the last console generation, but the first one is definitely different.  

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I plan on replaying Andromeda as well.  I'm working on getting through Assassin's Creed Syndicate first.  

However, it's a bit hypocritical of you to not play ME 1-3 because of the ending, when EA had them rush out Andromeda and some of the graphics and animations nearly made the game unplayable for some.  The internet loves to blow things out of proportion, and they did so with both ME3 and Andromeda.  However, something is wrong when the first time around, you get DLC in The Citadel, which makes up for it, as well as additional endings, but with Andromeda, they literally cancelled everything.  

25 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Mass Effect 2 is the first game that comes to mind. Been looking for a decent digital deal on it but unfortunately EA likes still wants to nickel and dime you for the DLC. I'd replay ME3 too probably. The ending sucks but there's still so many great story moments("had to be me, others might have gotten it wrong") and the gameplay was fun.

I don't think I could play ME1 again, game was fun the first time and the story is great but the game play was so tedious and playing as any class other than a soldier was terribly implemented. I don't want to drive the Mako again either.

Others that come to mind are Dragon Age Origins, and Halo 1 and 2. 

I ended up playing ME1 before ME2 came out.  Loved it, but yeah, the Mako is tough, and when I played through it again a few months ago (for the first time since, to do a Fem-Shep character) it hasn't aged well when put up to it's sequels.  However, it's still a great story and worth trying to play through for those who have not played it before.  

The Halo: Master Chief collection can be had pretty cheaply at this point and includes Halo 1-4, and the Halo 3 ODST game.  Definitely worth it.  

For me, I am past due for a Warzone 2100 playthrough again.  If you are interested in an RTS that doesn't reset basebuilding from mission to mission, this is a great game for you to try out.  It's supported by a great community now for updates to the online multiplayer portion.  

I'm getting back into Battlefront 2 (the newest one) now that Geonosis has released and they've put out Obi-Wan Kenobi and General Grievous as new heroes.  I was playing today, and they've unlocked all hero slots through January 1st and all special units are nearly free so the maps are pretty crazy right now. 

I'm also planning to do a "Dark Side" Jedi Knight in The Old Republic.  

I'm also working through some of the old Assassin's Creed games before I do the new ones, but I also think AC2 deserves a replay.  

Archived