2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

Giants have trade capital to trade up in draft. With Jets threatening to trade back, Giants have to get in front of us at 2 to pick the QB they want or a team can get to 3 and take one. If Cardinals take the QB Kyler Murray, Giants trade up to 2 for Haskins, Nick Bosa can be there at 3 to take.

Would be back to back years Vikings saved us from a big contract (Cousins & Barr) and the player we want happened to slide to us. Sam & Bosa.

46 minutes ago, Johntyler82 said:

More likely that they now trade down out of their spot to the Giants for those 2 1sts, robbing us of the opportunity. 

Has this offseason made you think something like that wouldn't be the icing on the cake to screw us? 

At least we'd get Bosa in that scenario

3 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

I was agreeing with your bro.  And making the point that when you have a good/great QB the WR, RB play is elevated so you don't need superstars WRs or RBs. 

But why are we comparing Darnold as if he’s these QBs?

1 minute ago, JetsFan15 said:

I was agreeing with your bro.  And making the point that when you have a good/great QB the WR, RB play is elevated so you don't need superstars WRs or RBs. 

Yup. Just was expanding on it. 

Sam is only 21. There's plenty of time for him and the team to grow, but I get everyone wants to see results... it's been long enough. 
Personally, I think our best chance of seeing results right away is by building the defense. Keep building that side of the ball, hopefully sign Bell or Coleman, add a few supplementary pieces, and we can be a good team in 2019. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

But why are we comparing Darnold as if he’s these QBs?

Because he has shown glimpses that he can be.  Especially after he came back from his injury.  Is he a finished product, nope.  But he has the ablitity to become elite and has the highest upside of any QB I have seen on this team since I started following them in the late 70's.  I would be shocked if he is not a top 10 to 5 QB for many years.

5 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Sam is only 21. There's plenty of time for him and the team to grow, but I get everyone wants to see results... it's been long enough. 
Personally, I think our best chance of seeing results right away is by building the defense. Keep building that side of the ball, hopefully sign Bell or Coleman, add a few supplementary pieces, and we can be a good team in 2019. 

I agree. 

5 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

These AFC teams are building high powered offenses. We're going to need to be able to shut them down if we're gonna be competitive. Look at the Chiefs, when did they struggle most? When they played strong defenses (NE, BAL, SEA). Get ahead of the curve and build a team that can neutralize the Chiefs, Browns, Patriots, and Chargers over the AFC.

Did I really just say Browns?

2 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

These AFC teams are building high powered offenses. We're going to need to be able to shut them down if we're gonna be competitive. Look at the Chiefs, when did they struggle most? When they played strong defenses (NE, BAL, SEA). Get ahead of the curve and build a team that can neutralize the Chiefs, Browns, Patriots, and Chargers over the AFC.

Did I really just say Browns?

I’d agree if the league wasn’t year by year catering to wanting offenses to score. Building an elite defense in a league that wants points is pissing into the wind. Adjust or sink.

Archived