2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 minute ago, DowNY said:

The point I’m making is Humphrey saying that is the equivalent of a Jet player coming out and announcing “listen to LeVeon album at 12, he’s announcing he’s joining the Jets”. Humphrey trollin. He always troll. Look at his twitter responses. 

Idk man.  We'll see.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m all for building the OL and yes LT is a righty QBs blind side. But a lot of teams are lining up the best pass rusher they have now over the RT. So really both tackles are valuable now

Point being, having a QB, offensive line and a defense is more important than having a QB and shiny offensive skill position players. 

Just now, jetskid007 said:

Point being, having a QB, offensive line and a defense is more important than having a QB and shiny offensive skill position players. 

When the QB is proven I agree. When they’re not, I don’t. Darnold isn’t proven. 

I’m all for building the OL and yes LT is a righty QBs blind side. But a lot of teams are lining up the best pass rusher they have now over the RT. So really both tackles are valuable now

Yea but a little easier for a right handed QB to adjust as they can see that easier.  I agree the entire OL is important just saying LT has traditionally be a key and where the best OT plays (at least pass blocking OT). 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

When the QB is proven I agree. When they’re not, I don’t. Darnold isn’t proven. 

Watching what he did without his starting LG/C/RT, a wide receiver group consisting of a gimpy Anderson/Peake/Kearse/Burnett, Herndon, and Elijah McGuire/Cannon in his backfield... yeah, I'm fairly optimistic Darnold will be good.

We've added Osemele and Crowder. A start. We're going to add a RB. We're going to add more OL. It's one thing if you're not thrilled, but there's little reason to panic.

5 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Watching what he did without his starting LG/C/RT, a wide receiver group consisting of a gimpy Anderson/Peake/Kearse/Burnett, Herndon, and Elijah McGuire/Cannon in his backfield... yeah, I'm fairly optimistic Darnold will be good.

We've added Osemele and Crowder. A start. We're going to add a RB. We're going to add more OL. It's one thing if you're not thrilled, but there's little reason to panic.

And that’s my point. That’s putting a lot and quite frankly too much pressure on a 21yr old. And isn’t the way to groom him into a franchise QB. He should be getting help. And Osemele and Crowder are better than nothing. But we need more. I’ve stated I don’t like Coleman. And I just have 0 faith in Macc adding talent on offense in the mid rounds and quite frankly I think I have every reason to think that way.

6 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

He is not panicking he just stated a fact. 

And that’s my point. That’s putting a lot and quite frankly too much pressure on a 21yr old. And isn’t the way to groom him into a franchise QB. He should be getting help. And Osemele and Crowder are better than nothing. But we need more. I’ve stated I don’t like Coleman. And I just have 0 faith in Macc adding talent on offense in the mid rounds and quite frankly I think I have every reason to think that way.

Please elaborate what you don't like about Coleman? If you say he's not a 3-down back I can understand, but if you're complaint is he's not an explosive playmaker than I can't compute. 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Please elaborate what you don't like about Coleman? If you say he's not a 3-down back I can understand, but if you're complaint is he's not an explosive playmaker than I can't compute. 

He can’t run between the tackles at a high level. Restricting him to not every down duties. Being that I don’t view him as an every down guy and I’d care for my receiving back to have some different quailities than what he does.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

He can’t run between the tackles at a high level. Restricting him to not every down duties. Being that I don’t view him as an every down guy and I’d care for my receiving back to have some different quailities than what he does.

I'm with you on this one

10 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

He is not panicking he just stated a fact. 

@Bobby816 has been panicking all offseason. He has mocked Metcalf 3rd overall. He has stated how imperative it is that we overpay for offensive "stars". 

Look, I get the concern. We need to put talent around Darnold and Maccagnan hasn't had a great track record. That said his front office did find Chris Herndon last year, who is an emerging "star" if you ask me. We need players, but the fact that it's become "Bell or bust, Paradis or bust, the world is falling", is kind of annoying. It's typical twitter Jets fan talk honestly. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I get your point, really do.   But I think the QBs make up is more important frankly.  Point being .. .we surrounded Sanchez with some good weapons and an above average if not great OL.   He had Edwards, Holmes, Keller, TJ and Shawn.  We lead the league in rushing.  What did that do for his development?  Not much.  Why because his make up was not there.  Sam's make up is different.  He is a leader.  Don't get me wrong more talent does not hurt but I think we are moving in the right direction. 

Archived