2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

He can’t run between the tackles at a high level. Restricting him to not every down duties. Being that I don’t view him as an every down guy and I’d care for my receiving back to have some different quailities than what he does.

So if you pair Tevin Coleman with TJ Yeldon, maybe keep Crowell as the between-the-tackles runner, would this be such a travesty? 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

@Bobby816 has been panicking all offseason. He has mocked Metcalf 3rd overall. He has stated how imperative it is that we overpay for offensive "stars". 

Look, I get the concern. We need to put talent around Darnold and Maccagnan hasn't had a great track record. That said his front office did find Chris Herndon last year, who is an emerging "star" if you ask me. We need players, but the fact that it's become "Bell or bust, Paradis or bust, the world is falling", is kind of annoying. It's typical twitter Jets fan honestly. 

But that’s my point we are rating our own WAY too high. I hope I’m wrong on every one of these guys. I like Herndon... but an emerging star? That’s big time jumping the gun. Calling Darnold anything great yet is jumping the gun. He finished with some solid games, but it takes more than a handful of good games to say they’re a franchise QB. Enunwa we rated so highly before injury and what has he done since?

7 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

@Bobby816 has been panicking all offseason. He has mocked Metcalf 3rd overall. He has stated how imperative it is that we overpay for offensive "stars". 

Look, I get the concern. We need to put talent around Darnold and Maccagnan hasn't had a great track record. That said his front office did find Chris Herndon last year, who is an emerging "star" if you ask me. We need players, but the fact that it's become "Bell or bust, Paradis or bust, the world is falling", is kind of annoying. It's typical twitter Jets fan honestly. 

Agree.  Listen, Crowder is not OBJ or Brown but I don't know if I want those rotten apples around Sam. 

Just now, jetskid007 said:

So if you pair Tevin Coleman with TJ Yeldon, maybe keep Crowell as the between-the-tackles runner, would this be such a travesty? 

Certainly not a travesty. But it’s in essence just 3 above average guys. That’s like saying is having Enunwa, Anderson and Crowder a travesty instead of having Julio and a couple good WRs. One is certainly a heck of a better situation.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

But that’s my point we are rating our own WAY too high. I hope I’m wrong on every one of these guys. I like Herndon... but an emerging star? That’s big time jumping the gun. Calling Darnold anything great yet is jumping the gun. He finished with some solid games, but it takes more than a handful of good games to say they’re a franchise QB. Enunwa we rated so highly before injury and what has he done since?

Work still to be done for sure.  But you gotta start somewhere. 

Question for you bro and I don't know how long you have been following the Jets.  Have you ever felt more positive about a young QB that the NYJs have drafted than Sam Darnold?

Just now, JetsFan15 said:

Question for you bro and I don't know how long you have been following the Jets.  Have you ever felt more positive about a young QB that the NYJs have drafted than Sam Darnold?

WE STARTED 5 YEARS AGO

YEARS

No. And that’s why I don’t want to waste him. And I’ve been a Jets fan my whole life so 36yrs. 

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Year. After. Year. 

There are solutions to our MONUMENTAL Center-problem and we do nothing.

I think I was the only person here who actually was sensical in saying Spencer Long was a joke

Our problems on and off the field are real

Ummm ... we have had fairly good run of centers with Mawae to Mangold. A two year drought at C is the least of our issues (where you being sarcastic>)

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't think so. I feel the way about our players basically the same way Adam Gase has described them to be. Herndon is a unicorn. He will be a very good player. Enuwa is a 1 year tryout- if he stays healthy, he's a solid movable chess piece with YAC ability that can be an asset on gadget plays, in the screen game. Robby Anderson is an elite deep threat. Crowder is a very good slot receiver. 

We need another receiver. We need a RB. But to act like its something we need right this second is absurd. When we are clearly ready to compete, then the Jets can make the bold moves as LAR did and CLE is doing. But right now? Sign the best players available regardless of position. Draft the best players available regardless of position. Allow this to be the foundation of the roster. Win games. Then go for the big time splash moves.  

Ummm ... we have had fairly good run of centers with Mawae to Mangold. A two year drought at C is the least of our issues (where you being sarcastic>)

We need another center whose last name starts with M. 

Gotta be Erik McCoy.

Archived