2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

Just now, xenajets said:

What starting centres would realistically be attainable though? 

That’s for Macc to make calls on and find out. Guy might not be being shopped but could be had at the right price if you make the call to 31 teams. I did read Oakland was listening to offers for Hudson. Similar situation to Osemele. But that could have just been a rumor. Point is. Macc should be doing everything he can to try and get a C for Darnold and Bell

37 minutes ago, DowNY said:

Dee Ford went for a 2020 2nd.

Demarcus Lawerence doesn’t want to be on the tag. What would y’all offer for him?

I’d offer a conditional 2020 1st and one of our 3rds this draft. Not sure if that’s too much or enough at all.

I would love DLawerence here but I would want to preserve our picks now. I’d much rather sign Houston/Ansah and draft either Bosa/Allen. 

Imgaine if we could sell the idea to both Ziggy and Houston to sign on 1yr deals (as both could do with a bounce back year) getting them both here would allow us to have a proper pass rushing core (with the rookie) and both vets should flourish and potentially get a big deal next year....we would then move on to someone like Lawerence/Clark/Clowney of they don’t sign long term deals after the franchise tags. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s for Macc to make calls on and find out. Guy might not be being shopped but could be had at the right price if you make the call to 31 teams. I did read Oakland was listening to offers for Hudson. Similar situation to Osemele. But that could have just been a rumor. Point is. Macc should be doing everything he can to try and get a C for Darnold and Bell

We need a Centre no doubt about that but I would try and preserve our picks now. Could we potentially trade either Lee/Williamson for starting centre like Hudson? 

I’d prefer to do that than spend any picks. 

Or maybe trade down from #3 and use some of those picks we get to target a centre either through the draft or trade? 

30 minutes ago, xenajets said:

What starting centres would realistically be attainable though? 

I think Looney from the Cowboys could be attainable. 

Pollack coached him his first two years and he looked good in place of Frederick last year, I mean as good as you can look anyway. 

Zeke led the league in rushing behind him. 

Cowboys averaged 4.5 ypc as well. 

Not saying it’s all because of him but I think he’s a decent option in a weak market.

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Pollack coached him his first two years and he looked good in place of Frederick last year, I mean as good as you can look anyway. 

Not saying it’s all because of him but I think he’s a decent option in a weak market.

Definitely a name we should be calling on. We should be leaving no rock unturned at C the rest of the offseason.

8 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

For Center I would target E. Jenkins from Miss St. I think he is the best Center in the draft and is a pug in guy that will be above average his rookie year. Pair him with a Vet like Sullivan from the Rams and that is pretty good.

With Harrison starting last year... I’m not sure any mid round rookie is a given to start over Harrison. Now if it’s a proven guy that’s a different story via trade. I’m all for drafting a C if it’s not addressed. But I am skeptical of that draft pick starting as a rookie.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Definitely a name we should be calling on. We should be leaving no rock unturned at C the rest of the offseason.

It’s one of those positions we’ve all been spoiled with. If any fan base knows great Center play it’s us. 

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

It’s one of those positions we’ve all been spoiled with. If any fan base knows great Center play it’s us. 

Very true. But it’s been one of our biggest weaknesses also the last 3 seasons. With long and Harrison last year and Johnson the year before that. Mangold was here in 2016 but wasn’t the same after injuries and actually only played I belegve like 4 games that year bc of injury and Johnson started pretty much most the season.

9 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

What would he cost us? Could we swing a deal involving Lee perhaps? 

I also don't understand why people want to move Lee so bad. The guy is fast and I was thinking maybe Gregg Williams will use him on the edge to get after the QB. I would try this out during camp and see what he has. You can always trade him away well into the season.I think we did really well this year with the adds and we might even get a great package deal with the number 3 pick. The Giants are a mess with the OBJ trade and might panic and reach for their QB with us and we take advantage of it. 

Archived