Redskins Cap Situation

MKnight82

6 hours ago, Woz said:

He was on the team in 2017 and 2018. That's not in question.

The question is: why should he be on the team in 2019?

Because he's a good football player who isn't going to break the bank. 

Anderson isn't going to be a dynamic pass rushed, but he does other things well. I see Anderson as Lorenzo Alexander like on special teams. He's become a core special teams player and a reserve OLB. We should keep him, just like we should’ve kept Zo the last 5 years.

Not re-signing Zo was one of the dumbest things this organization has done the last 5 years, and that's saying a lot.

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Anderson isn't going to be a dynamic pass rushed, but he does other things well. I see Anderson as Lorenzo Alexander like on special teams. He's become a core special teams player and a reserve OLB.

1. Lorenzo Alexander was an undrafted free agent. Ryan Anderson was a second round pick. The fact that we're comparing the two means that it probably was a bust of a pick.
  2. Ryan Anderson is not a core special teams player. He's 9th or 10th on the snap count list for teams (and I believe fourth amongst linebackers: JHC, SDH, and McKinzy all have more ST snaps than him).
11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We should keep him, just like we should’ve kept Zo the last 5 years.

Not re-signing Zo was one of the dumbest things this organization has done the last 5 years, and that's saying a lot.

1. Technically, it was six years ago (2013 offseason).
  2. Even over that stretch, it was not the dumbest thing Washington has done.
  3. They did re-sign him, but at the last moment changed a term of his contract to shave a bit of the bonus. He walked because they were cheap, slimy bastards. Funny thing that: who was in charge of contracts in 2012? Oh yeah ...

I personally know Alexander. He's a great guy, and I wish we had kept him as well. I'm glad he's doing well up in Buffalo. That said, that was just one road bump amongst many over the past decade.

Archived