BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

19. Cuba(Portland) - Cody Ford, OG - A new OG to pair with DeCastro is a need and Ford is a beast.

I like him. He’s not from Florida so @Jlash will be flabbergasted.

23. Cuba - Clelin Ferrell, Edge - Cuba would be thrilled to get Ferrell at this spot.

Maybe. I saw him play on multiple occasions. Fond of the work Clemson has done as a program in recent years we can use those type of players.

35. Long Beach(Singapore) - Brian Burns, Edge - You can never have too many pass rushers.  MD4L weeps.

It would sort of serve me right for taking Ferrell.

39. Cuba - Devin Bush, LB - Cuba could use speed at LB and Bush is very nice value.

He’s from South Florida, sister plays softball at FSU. There’s a lot to like for both sides (Thomas Davis is a UFA).

43. Cuba(Seoul) - Erik McCoy, C - They continue to build their OL with another very nice center prospect.

I spoke about the center position being a liability last season. It just so happens Jon Sullivan is also a free agent. Zero active centers on the Cuba roster.

You did a good job. Shouldn’t be too far from the actual Cuba draft.

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

I like him. He’s not from Florida so @Jlash will be flabbergasted.

Maybe. I saw him play on multiple occasions. Fond of the work Clemson has done as a program in recent years we can use those type of players.

It would sort of serve me right for taking Ferrell.

He’s from South Florida, sister plays softball at FSU. There’s a lot to like for both sides (Thomas Davis is a UFA).

I spoke about the center position being a liability last season. It just so happens Jon Sullivan is also a free agent. Zero active centers on the Cuba roster.

You did a good job. Shouldn’t be too far from the actual Cuba draft.

Thank you.  I think if you can build your lines up and get a new LBer, you'll be looking pretty good.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Thank you.  I think if you can build your lines up and get a new LBer, you'll be looking pretty good.

The rumble about this draft being not so good is far fetched. Lot of guys may not be Hall of famers but will definitely help BDL and NFL teams.

So this doesn't clog up that thread.

46 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

3 down but whats you thoughts on holding off

He takes up 2k in cap space compared to other players on your roster. Waste of a 3down IMO, you do you but you'd probably get something more in a trade for that 3down than just the 2k in cap.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

So this doesn't clog up that thread.

He takes up 2k in cap space compared to other players on your roster. Waste of a 3down IMO, you do you but you'd probably get something more in a trade for that 3down than just the 2k in cap.

Perhaps I did rethink that and I do think I found the 3 guys I want to use my 3 down on.

Also, separate discussion, anyone interested in Max Unger?

11 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Keep in mind only 1 of those 3 can have a contract with 3 or more years remaining.

I'm pretty sure none of them will have more than 3 years.  I'm pretty much in 'all in salary reduction' mode right now.  To the point of changing my mind about a couple of the guys I was going to 3 up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I'm pretty sure none of them will have more than 3 years.  I'm pretty much in 'all in salary reduction' mode right now.  To the point of changing my mind about a couple of the guys I was going to 3 up.

Honestly I don't see 3 sure fire slam dunk 3 ups for you anyway, but since you have until the start of BDL FA to sign those guys, sometimes it's good to wait and see how everything else plays out before 3 upping. 

And it's fine to not use all of your 3 ups, I didn't do it last year I don't think. And 99% sure I won't do it this year either. 

10 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Honestly I don't see 3 sure fire slam dunk 3 ups for you anyway, but since you have until the start of BDL FA to sign those guys, sometimes it's good to wait and see how everything else plays out before 3 upping. 

And it's fine to not use all of your 3 ups, I didn't do it last year I don't think. And 99% sure I won't do it this year either. 

TBH, there's only 1 guy I want to 3 up.  I was going to go for one other but given how much it'd cost to bring him back, I'm better off rolling the dice in FA.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Can someone give me a quick run down of how trades effect the cap? I'm reading the guidelines, but that part still confuses me a bit.  That'll help me determine who to 3 down tbh.

How trades effect the cap? It's a simple +/- of salary figures from players swapped. So you trading away Aaron Jones means his salary comes off your cap, but in return you'll have to account for the salary of that 4th round pick come draft time.

• Like 1