BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Let me ask you guys this.

Are the BDL positions the same as irl.  I mean I know in the game plans you guys will put say a guard at center for example but are you listing them as such in the database?

So the recent issues with players being listed as PS/Inactive is because of the identifier I'm using to match names with spotrac and bdl.  They use different ways of listing the names for example spotrac using the importhtml formula pulls the names in to the workbook like this.  "Cann A.J. Cann"  but in the IR listing use "Alex Smith" and because some players have the same name it makes it difficult to pair each name.  To make this a little easier I include the position so it's "Alex Smith - QB" to match these names.  

Sorry making this a more complicated read/question than it needs to be.

What I'm asking is can we use the position that spotrac is using as the bdl position.  So if HOU is playing a 34 defense then any players listed as DE would be considered INT any OLB would be listed as Edge.  

Making these changes to the BDL Position column in the player database would make matching more accurate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Let me ask you guys this.

Are the BDL positions the same as irl.  I mean I know in the game plans you guys will put say a guard at center for example but are you listing them as such in the database?

So the recent issues with players being listed as PS/Inactive is because of the identifier I'm using to match names with spotrac and bdl.  They use different ways of listing the names for example spotrac using the importhtml formula pulls the names in to the workbook like this.  "Cann A.J. Cann"  but in the IR listing use "Alex Smith" and because some players have the same name it makes it difficult to pair each name.  To make this a little easier I include the position so it's "Alex Smith - QB" to match these names.  

Sorry making this a more complicated read/question than it needs to be.

What I'm asking is can we use the position that spotrac is using as the bdl position.  So if HOU is playing a 34 defense then any players listed as DE would be considered INT any OLB would be listed as Edge.  

Making these changes to the BDL Position column in the player database would make matching more accurate.

Like you said, we do what we want with our roster anyway, move people around. So for me as long as people are willing to understand and consider in voting that workbook position is not necessarily indicative of game roster I am of the opinion that you do what makes it easier on you.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

So how do we add fellows to the tradeblock?

Go to your team page in master wb.  

Go to cell range L38 you'll see the trade block builder...use the drop down list in column L to add them and if you want to include how many sandwiches it'll cost type that up in column P.