BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Doug Baldwin is also a FA who hasn't played in a game since 12/30/18 so he's literally cuttable in 2 weeks and here we are going in circles about the same outlying odd issue when in 2 weeks it doesn't matter. 

edit: Apologies, he played in a playoff game on 1/5 so in less than a month he's cuttable. Good thing nothing matters roster wise until then. Count him as good as gone WW. 

Edited by Jlash

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

The same thing says a player also publicly discussing it doesn't count as retirement. 

We keep saying the same thing to each other. As usual, I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe someone else can explain it better than I can. 

No I hear what you're saying and again I'm just having an open dialog I'm not arguing and I'm fine with what you're saying just having an open dialogue

Just now, wwhickok said:

No I hear what you're saying and again I'm just having an open dialog I'm not arguing and I'm fine with what you're saying just having an open dialogue

The precedent has been set for a while now.  Players loopholing IRL is something we have to deal with because it is usually vague and gray so they can get the monies.  Filing retirement papers is the level needed here in BDL land.

1 minute ago, pheltzbahr said:

The precedent has been set for a while now.  Players loopholing IRL is something we have to deal with because it is usually vague and gray so they can get the monies.  Filing retirement papers is the level needed here in BDL land.

That's fair but can we edit the rules to state that VERY specifically? Because tbh, the rules are a bit misleading in terms of 'filing because the statement in the rules contradicts that.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

That's fair but can we edit the rules to state that VERY specifically? Because tbh, the rules are a bit misleading in terms of 'filing because the statement in the rules contradicts that.

What very specific wording do you have in mind?

Just now, pheltzbahr said:

Specifically the fact that you guys are saying that they have to file for retirement which I respect but the last line of that rule says that them filing for retirement is not  Sufficient evidence. It's kind of contradictory to say that it has to come from a reputable source and not consider the player a reputable source also imo 

1 minute ago, pheltzbahr said:

It does say "simply filing for retirement" is not enough. Not sure why that's worded that way, even though it doesn't apply here, because he never filed. 

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

It does say "simply filing for retirement" is not enough. Not sure why that's worded that way, even though it doesn't apply here, because he never filed. 

Right that's the only issue I really have because it says reputable source and I would argue that the player is one but it also says filing his not enough those 2 statements contradict each other. Filing doesnt apply here except that the two statements in the same sentence are contradictory. That's where my issue lies, that's why I opened a dialogue about it. I'm fine with the rule and not trying to start any drama about it. Simply pointing out a contradiction that is somewhat confusing 

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WFLukic said:

I know he's my guy and whatever but my god Thomas is truly special to watch. If Brees was 5 years younger, this would be our generation's Montana to Rice. 

Idk that it isnt. Brees should not be considering retirement. He looks like the most polished QB in the league right now.

• Like 1