BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

So... I have a question.  The rules suggest that a player filing for retirement isnt enough.

Thst a reputable site or source such as NFL.com is required as far as retirements are concerned. I'm genuinely asking a question here. Would THE PLAYER himself not be considered a reputable source, if there is proof of a statement made in regards to retirement?

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So... I have a question.  The rules suggest that a player filing for retirement isnt enough.

Thst a reputable site or source such as NFL.com is required as far as retirements are concerned. I'm genuinely asking a question here. Would THE PLAYER himself not be considered a reputable source, if there is proof of a statement made in regards to retirement?

We've been over this so many times. He has said he won't play again. He hasn't actually filed for retirement though because he would then have to forfeit parts of his salary because of CBA wording. This helps explain it. 

Doug Baldwin not filing

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

We've been over this so many times. He has said he won't play again. He hasn't actually filed for retirement though because he would then have to forfeit parts of his salary because of CBA wording. This helps explain it. 

Doug Baldwin not filing

Wait,  So we can use Sb nation to block a retirement but we can not use it to support one?

Just now, wwhickok said:

Wait,  So we can use Sb nation to block a retirement but we can not use it to support one?

He hasn't filed retirement papers man. Over and over and over and over we've gone into this exact situation. 

Like I said earlier to you, we do things like this to make sure there aren't any future arguments over players just saying things. AB has claimed he's never playing again. Then he comes back and says he is playing. Then he says he's not playing. Until he files paperwork, he's an NFL player.

Doug Baldwin is eligible to be a FA cut soon I believe anyway, so this won't matter. 

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

He hasn't filed retirement papers man. Over and over and over and over we've gone into this exact situation. 

Like I said earlier to you, we do things like this to make sure there aren't any future arguments over players just saying things. AB has claimed he's never playing again. Then he comes back and says he is playing. Then he says he's not playing. Until he files paperwork, he's an NFL player.

Doug Baldwin is eligible to be a FA cut soon I believe anyway, so this won't matter. 

I get what you're saying however if you read the rule about retirement it doesn't say anything about a player being required to file for retired in fact it States that a player filing for  Retirement is not sufficient evidence. That it has to come from a reputable source and I am questioning he is the player not a reputable source that's what I'm question I'm not trying to create an argument I are genuinely asking for an explanation on the role because what you are saying contradicts what the rule actually says.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I get what you're saying however if you read the rule about retirement it doesn't say anything about a player being required to file for retired in fact it States that a player filing for  Retirement is not sufficient evidence. That it has to come from a reputable source and I am questioning he is the player not a reputable source that's what I'm question I'm not trying to create an argument I are genuinely asking for an explanation on the role because what you are saying contradicts what the rule actually says.

The same thing says a player also publicly discussing it doesn't count as retirement. 

We keep saying the same thing to each other. As usual, I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe someone else can explain it better than I can.