BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

11 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Have a 3 round mock.

1. Louisiana Jazz - Nick Bosa, Edge - No change at the top.

2. Berlin Blitzkrieg - Quinnen Williams, INT - No change here either.

3. Louisiana Jazz - Josh Allen, Edge/LB - A versatile piece, Allen could shore up the LB corps and the pass rush.

4. Louisiana Jazz - Rashan Gary, Edge/INT - Another versatile piece, Gary could play outside in base and slide inside on passing downs.  Bosa/Sheldon/Gary/Allen would be a crazy athletic pass rushing group.

5. Wichita Woodpeckers - Ed Oliver, INT - Oliver and Robinson would be a great inside tandem.

6. Long Beach Leprechauns - Dwayne Haskins, QB - They need a QB of the future and Haskins is the best in this class.

7. Wichita Woodpeckers - Greedy Williams, CB - They need talent at CB and Greedy would be great across from Talib.

8. Gotham Gashslayers - T.J. Hockenson, TE - I love Hockenson as an all-around TE and think he could make a Kittle-like impact very quickly.  They need weapons.

9. Camden Hood Rats - Devin White, LB - White and Leonard would be a great pair.

10. Ivory Coast Black Rhinos - A.J. Brown, WR - Even if they resign Cooks, Brown would be a great addition to line up outside across from Alshon.

11. Orlando Ospreys - Jeffery Simmons, INT - They need more bodies on the interior and Simmons is great value here.

12. Long Beach Leprechauns - Johnathan Abram, S - Safety is a big need and Abram is the most versatile in this class.

13. Camden Hood Rats - Christian Wilkins, INT - They need depth at DT and Wilkins is very nice value here.

14. Sydney Dingos - Clelin Ferrell, Edge - They could use more talent at edge and Ferrell is best available.

15. Rome Eternals - Dre’Mont Jones, INT - They lose a ton of guys after next year.

16. Hawaii Nightmarchers - De’Andre Baker, CB - Hughes is coming back from an ACL tear and they need a depth.

1st Round Notes:

Greedy Williams is gonna run slow at the combine and drop like a rock. Still a late RL 1st rounder based on talent.

A.J. Brown is just a big slot receiver that doesn't fit the current NFL mold. Not sure how he "line up outside" across from anyone let alone is the #1 WR drafted. You did say you hadn't seen any WR yet so I will forgive this one.

Johnathan Abram and Dre'Mont Jones are RL 2nd round talent what pushes them up to top 16 BDL talent?

• Like 1

17. Long Beach Leprechauns - Cody Ford, OG - They will need a new starter at OG next year and Ford will be a stud.

18. Berlin Blitzkrieg - Byron Murphy, CB - A bit of a reach, but he’s the last of the 1st round CBs and I need a CB across from Gareon.

19. Cuba Smugglers - Jawaan Taylor, OT - They will need a new LT after this year and maybe a new RT if Parker doesn’t improve.

20. Orlando Ospreys - Irv Smith, TE - Jonnu is just okay and Gesicki didn’t show much as a rookie.

21. Wichita Woodpeckers - Jonah Williams, OT - Conklin has been hurt and no one else has stepped up.  Jonah can play either side.

22. Berlin Blitzkrieg - Zach Allen, Edge/INT - I get the guy I love.

23. Cuba Smugglers - Montez Sweat, Edge - They need edge help and Sweat had a great Senior Bowl.

24. Louisiana Jazz - Greg Little, OT - They need OT help badly and Little has the best tools.

25. Louisiana Jazz - Nasir Adderly, S - They need a new safety and Adderly could be a very nice FS.

26. Berlin Blitzkrieg - Daniel Jones, QB - With Brady gone after a year, I need a QB of the future.

27. Seoul Dragons - Dexter Lawrence, DT - They need bodies at DT and Dexter is a big body.

28. Oklahoma City EF5s - Jerry Tillery, DT - They also need bodies at DT.

29. Camden Hood Rats - Noah Fant, TE - He could pair with Engram to give them a crazy athletic TE tandem.

30. Wichita Woodpeckers - Parris Campbell, WR - They need a speed element at WR and Campbell can fly.

31. Rome Eternals - DK Metcalf, WR - Everyone will be a FA after this year and Metcalf is very nice value.

32. Long Beach Leprechauns - Jachai Polite, Edge - They could use more talent on the edge and Polite is fantastic value here.

2nd Round Notes:

Cody Ford is mainly going to get looks at RT before anyone puts him at OG but will likely be the first OL off the board. 

Jonah Williams is going to be a pro-bowl level Guard in the NFL. Mock drafters are higher on him than most. Mid to late RL 1st rounder not top 10.

Montez Sweat's value is going to skyrocket after the combine.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

1st Round Notes:

Greedy Williams is gonna run slow at the combine and drop like a rock. Still a late RL 1st rounder based on talent.

A.J. Brown is just a big slot receiver that doesn't fit the current NFL mold. Not sure how he "line up outside" across from anyone let alone is the #1 WR drafted. You did say you hadn't seen any WR yet so I will forgive this one.

Johnathan Abram and Dre'Mont Jones are RL 2nd round talent what pushes them up to top 16 BDL talent?

You may be right on Greedy.  But I think his size and length makes up for a fair bit of that.

I said I have seen less of WRs than other position, not none at all.  I have seen more of Brown and Metcalf than others since they're SEC.  I think Brown can play outside. I believe he is good enough in and out of his breaks.

I like Dre'Mont quite a bit and think he is worth a pick in the teens.  Abram I think is worth a pick in the 20s, but he's the most versatile safety in the draft imo, and can play a number of roles which pushes him up.

• Like 1

33. Singapore Sentinels - Drew Lock, QB - They’ll need a QB of the future if they don’t resign Rodgers.

34. Berlin Blitzkrieg - Chris Lindstrom, OG - A new OG is needed and Lindstrom should start from day one.

35. Long Beach Leprechauns - Amani Oruwariye, CB - Jackrabbit will be a FA after this year and they need another CB.

36. Louisiana Jazz - Mack Wilson, LB - More LBs are needed and Wilson is good value.

37. Louisiana Jazz - Andre Dillard, OT - They need another OT even after getting Little.

38. Rome Eternals - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S - More talent at S is needed.

39. Cuba Smugglers - Josh Jacobs, RB - The RB slide ends with Cuba getting a great talent to pair with Dalvin.

40. Gotham Gashslayers - Marquise Brown, WR - A speed element for their offense.

41. Long Beach Leprechauns - Elgton Jenkins, C - Ford and Jenkins would be a great pair inside.

42. Ivory Coast Black Rhinos - Vosean Joseph, LB - They need more speed at LB and Vosean can run.

43. Cuba Smugglers - Isaiah Buggs, DT - They will need more bodies on the interior after next year, and I really like Buggs.

44. Sydney Dingos - Taylor Rapp, S - They have no safety under contract for next year.

45. Long Beach Leprechauns - Kelvin Harmon, WR - They need an outside WR and Harmon is good value here.

46. Orlando Ospreys - Michael Jordan, C - Pouncey and Martin will be FAs, and Jordan is a nice get here.

47. Rome Eternals - Brian Burns, Edge - Edge isn’t a huge need right now, but it could be in a year.

48. Orlando Ospreys - Germaine Pratt, LB - They will need more LBs in short order.

3rd round notes

This is not the draft to get a QB of the future from. I'll likely sign a backup in FA. Plus he'll be long gone to LB by the 3rd.

I'd be happy with the multitude of choices available at this point and will be taking the BPA most likely.

Wilson, Rapp and Burns will go higher IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

3rd round notes

This is not the draft to get a QB of the future from. I'll likely sign a backup in FA. Plus he'll be long gone to LB by the 3rd.

I'd be happy with the multitude of choices available at this point and will be taking the BPA most likely.

Why you giving away my secrets

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

2nd Round Notes:

Cody Ford is mainly going to get looks at RT before anyone puts him at OG but will likely be the first OL off the board. 

Jonah Williams is going to be a pro-bowl level Guard in the NFL. Mock drafters are higher on him than most. Mid to late RL 1st rounder not top 10.

Montez Sweat's value is going to skyrocket after the combine.

I think Ford would be a monster at OG.  Either way, I love him and he will make any OL better.

I think Jonah could play LT or RT, but OG is a possibility.  If he does play OG IRL, he could still fill in at OT in case of injury which is valuable.  

That I would not be surprised to see whatsoever.  He'll have a great combine.  

3 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

3rd round notes

Lock to Long Beach at 12 it is.

I'm meh on Wilson.  Rapp and Burns could go a fair bit higher, Burns especially.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I think Ford would be a monster at OG.  Either way, I love him and he will make any OL better.

I think Jonah could play LT or RT, but OG is a possibility.  If he does play OG IRL, he could still fill in at OT in case of injury which is valuable.  

That I would not be surprised to see whatsoever.  He'll have a great combine.  

I could see Sweat at No 2 to SF. He fits more as a the type of PR they need over Josh Allen who is more of a 3-4 OLB.