Bruce Arians is our new head coach!! Todd Bowles at DC!!

bucsfan333

31 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

This is amazing. We all need to give this a listen if you haven't already. Holy balls.

JPP, Kwon, Winston, Evans etc are going to love this. Our last two coaches come across as so friggin soft. Team played soft because of it. Oline, corners playing ten yards off the line. 

I went ahead and watched A Football Life: Bruce Arians, had never watched it before. I’ll say this. I think BA is exactly what this team needs and man I wish he was 56, not 66. But no matter, if he can stick for the length of his contract and changes this culture, it’s completely worth it. Hopefully a successor can continue all the great things I envision for this team.

25 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I went ahead and watched A Football Life: Bruce Arians, had never watched it before. I’ll say this. I think BA is exactly what this team needs and man I wish he was 56, not 66. But no matter, if he can stick for the length of his contract and changes this culture, it’s completely worth it. Hopefully a successor can continue all the great things I envision for this team.

BA also tries to set up his assistants as best he can to further their careers. It's really one of the more unique things I've seen. I remember him stating one time something simple along the lines of I want my position coaches to be coordinators and my coordinators to be head coaches, and I'd never really heard a coach say that before so I thought it was really cool. I know a lot of people in the organization praised Leftwich and they felt he was going to be a head coach some day. Harold Goodwin had reportedly seen some college head coaching offers while he was our OC. Obviously Bowles took the HC job at the Jets (Which I for one don't think anyone could've succeeded in and think Bowles will be an awesome head coach some day).

The issue came when we missed the playoffs the last two years of his tenure because we had the worst special teams in the league by a wide margin and wouldn't fire Amos Jones. I can think of 4 games in those two years where special teams cost us games. So it's definitely promising that he didn't bring Amos with him and got Armstrong for you guys. I also remember that Arians had suggested Bettcher and Armstrong for our head coaching position last offseason, oddly enough. 

Anyways, once again, home run hire. Going to be very interested to see how y'all do next year as I have a lot of love for Bowles, and a good amount for Arians too. 

Just watched the introductory press conference, if you have a chance go and watch it.

Bruce could have done a mic drop and walked away from the podium when he described his defense as a 1 gap attacking defense so alignment really isn t important.  Awesome to hear.  😎

Other good nuggets in the press conference.

Archived