Is Peterson going to start for the Saints?

TENINCH

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

You guys expecting Peterson to be the starter?

"Starting" as a running back for this team doesn't mean that much. I remember Travaris Cadet actually "started" at running back on opening day a few years ago because he was a receiver. I think it's 50/50 between him and Ingram. I think they'll split carries evenly. Whoever is on the field first will be a toss up imo. Peterson is the bigger name, he's been a huge news story, so he could for sure start. Payton likes routine and he likes his guys, so Ingram could easily start too. I don't think it'll matter much since they're likely to get equal workloads.

11 minutes ago, NS922 said:

"Starting" as a running back for this team doesn't mean that much. I remember Travaris Cadet actually "started" at running back on opening day a few years ago because he was a receiver. I think it's 50/50 between him and Ingram. I think they'll split carries evenly. Whoever is on the field first will be a toss up imo. Peterson is the bigger name, he's been a huge news story, so he could for sure start. Peyton likes routine and he likes his guys, so Ingram could easily start too. I don't think it'll matter much since they're likely to get equal workloads.

You think Kamara has the ability to overtake them?

2 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

You think Kamara has the ability to overtake them?

Not yet. He has the potential to be a starter one day, but it would take a lot for him to beat out Ingram and Peterson. He'll take the Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles role for now.

Im sure that this is a fantasy-slanted question. Id own Kamara in all leagues. He looks pretty special and is in the perfect offense for his skill set. I'm a strong believer the cream rises to the top. Kamara will find a way to be a very good fantasy producer very soon...but you have to be patient with him. 

Agreed on Kamara. He has one BIG thing AP doesn't, and that's the ability to catch out of the backfield. 

AP is a big, strong runner. Ingram is strong, too, with better hands, but not great hands. Kamara is smaller, but nimble. Has patience, great balance, very good hands, and youth. He was a great acquisition.

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Agreed on Kamara. He has one BIG thing AP doesn't, and that's the ability to catch out of the backfield. 

Everything I have been hearing from camp and practices is that AP's receiving abilities look fine and should work out for him well. Of course seeing it in game is another thing.

8 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

Everything I have been hearing from camp and practices is that AP's receiving abilities look fine and should work out for him well. Of course seeing it in game is another thing.

I've heard the same thing, and I feel the same way, let's see it in a game.

I think AP is a big talent, I also know how he has a history of blunders when it matters; fumbles, dropped passes. I hope you're right, I hope he's over that.

Archived