Derek Carr vs Max Kellerman

rocky_rams

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-derek-carr-apparently-wants-to-have-mma-fight-with-espn-host-who-questioned-his-character/amp/

never really liked Derek Carr til now. He’s my type of guy. All too often, people get away with saying things to defame or slander someone else. 

As a man, you’re responsible for everything you do and everything that comes out your mouth. 

Put your money where your mouth is Max. 

Who y’all got?

CBS baits another one by using a satirical quote to put as a headline in order to generate clicks. 

3 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

All too often, people get away with saying things to defame or slander someone else. 

As a man, you’re responsible for everything you do and everything that comes out your mouth. 

Put your money where your mouth is Max. 

Kind of like what yourself and the rest of us on this forum do every day here? We criticize and defame players every single day on here and often times do it at higher levels and go to greater lengths than Max does on TV where he is much more limited on his word choices. The only difference is, we do not get paid to do it on here. 

I just don't get your point of view on this. You're holding Kellerman to a much higher standard than everyone else all because his job requires it. His job is to express his opinions regarding teams/athletes, which is the very same reason this forum was even created to begin with so that fans like us can express ours. 

Let's say one of these athletes that you were personally talking down upon came on here and said "rocky_rams, you don't know crap and you need to be held accountable for your words--what's up? Set the fight." 

I guarantee you be thinking to yourself about how petty and childish said athlete was being at the time for even doing such a stupid thing to begin with. I also guarantee that you back out of it but it would not stop you from criticizing said athlete either. 

Look, I don't agree with Max on most of what he says, but I almost never agree with professionals who have a hard time taking harsh criticism from others either. Right or wrong. Especially from those whose profession IS to critic those professionals. 

I like Carr. But if Carr, or any athlete, has a problem with being criticized then they need to rethink their future because all of them knew the ups and downs that came with the profession they chose, and being criticized is one of them. This is an aspect that players such as Vince Young had a tough time dealing with.

Archived