Fantasy Football Thread

Texansfan713

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Thoughts on McCaffery at 23? It's a reach, but his pass catching skills and abilities as a "traditional" RB can bump him a bit. 

With Johnathan Stewart available in rounds 8 and beyond, you can quickly secure the handcuff.

Ive been thinking about the rooks. I like what Cook has done this preseason in Minny. 

I snagged Howard last year, I just don't want them to be down late and abandon the run 

The picks are one pick off, I picked number 2, not number 1. 1 full point per reception.

ROAD TO GLORY
1 Le'Veon Bell, Pit RB  
20 Doug Baldwin, Sea WR  
21 Carlos Hyde, SF RB  
40 Jarvis Landry, Mia WR  
41 Travis Kelce, KC TE  
60 Frank Gore, Ind RB  
61 Jamison Crowder, Wsh WR  
80 DeSean Jackson, TB WR  
81 Bilal Powell, NYJ RB  
100 Rishard Matthews, Ten WR  
101 Jamaal Charles, Den RB  
120 Kyle Rudolph, Min TE  
121 Matthew Stafford, Det QB  
140 Bengals D/ST D/ST  
141 Matt Bryant, Atl K  
160 Andy Dalton, Cin QB  

Had the 5th pick in my 12 team money league. 0.05 per reception. RB's went early as heck.

QB- Marcus Mariota

RB- LeSean McCoy

RB- Frank Gore

WR- Amari Cooper

WR- Keenan Allen

TE- Jack Doyle

FLEX- Kelvin Benjamin

DEF- Giants

K- Dustin Hopkins

Bench

RB- Danny Woodhead

RB- Darren McFadden

WR- Corey Coleman

WR- Ted Ginn Jr

TE- Jason Witten

QB- Andy Dalton

RB- Jonathan Williams

Had my first of 3 drafts today in a free league, pick 10 of 10.  QB,  RB,   WR,   W/R,   W/T,    R/W/T,   K

QB Aaron Rodgers

RB Demarco Murray, Kareem Hunt, Dalvin Cook, CJ Prosise, Jamal Williams

WR Jordy Nelson, Keenan Allen, Jamison Crowder, Stefan Diggs, Brandon Marshall, Adam Thielen

TE Jimmy Graham

K Fairbairn

My big money league is $100. Starting this season, we'll play 17 weeks, the 3 division winners and the next 3 best records go to the playoffs. You can keep up to 5 on your roster and then we redraft. In the playoffs, you have to fill the starting lineup, but you have 10 players, all points cumulative count. We pay the top 3 and the winner gets a championship belt. We've been doing the playoff format for almost 20 years, but playing all 17 weeks is new.

I'm the commish in that one and a $20 league we do also for people that want to play but not at the high stakes. Fantasy time is awesome for me, but busy.

14 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Ya, and Im the commish. That's why I only do 1 league.....

We actually have it setup into 2 separate 10 team leagues and the winner of each league play in the superbowl week 16. 

What does payout look like on this? I might have to put in a bid for one of your teams if a spot opens.

9 minutes ago, shep0507 said:

My big money league is $100. Starting this season, we'll play 17 weeks, the 3 division winners and the next 3 best records go to the playoffs. You can keep up to 5 on your roster and then we redraft. In the playoffs, you have to fill the starting lineup, but you have 10 players, all points cumulative count. We pay the top 3 and the winner gets a championship belt. We've been doing the playoff format for almost 20 years, but playing all 17 weeks is new.

This is interesting, I wish we'd do something like this. Our league is basic, 13 game regular season with weeks 14-16 reserved for playoffs. $200 buy in, $20 weekly high score winner, $300 2nd place, $1800 for Champion, and the extra $40 used to etch the Champs name in the belt.

On 8/25/2017 at 10:07 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

Final team is as follows:

• QB: Jameis Winston
  • RB: Jordan Howard
  • RB: Demarco Murray
  • WR: Alshon Jeffery
  • WR: Sammy Watkins
  • TE: Travis Kelce
  • W/T: Larry Fitzgerald
  • B: DeSean Jackson
  • B: Mike Wallace
  • B: Matt Stafford
  • B: Rex Burkhead
  • B: Evan Engram
  • DEF: LA Chargers
  • K: Sebastian Janikowski

I'm not a fan of the WRs. This being said, I like my RBs.

Funny story on this pick - Kelce was my 4th round pick. I panicked, I didn't even realize I was on the clock until :20 seconds remaining on the pick (I was updating my cheat sheet, and may or may not have been off balance from a Fireball shot). I kicked myself because I had two WRs pegged for this spot, but completely blew it.

The WRs? Cameron Meredith and Julian Edelman.

7 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Speaking of payouts, in my money league we have this argument every time.  I personally feel only the championship should get the money. They feel whoever is the runner up in the title game should get some money.  What do you guys prefer?

I like how we pay 3. 3rd basically gets their buy in back, so it's worth it.

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Speaking of payouts, in my money league we have this argument every time.  I personally feel only the championship should get the money. They feel whoever is the runner up in the title game should get some money.  What do you guys prefer?

I argue that as well, but am always shut down.

3 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

What does payout look like on this? I might have to put in a bid for one of your teams if a spot opens.

This is interesting, I wish we'd do something like this. Our league is basic, 13 game regular season with weeks 14-16 reserved for playoffs. $200 buy in, $20 weekly high score winner, $300 2nd place, $1800 for Champion, and the extra $40 used to etch the Champs name in the belt.

We just expanded from 16 to 20 teams, so we're finalizing the new payout structure now. We give a lot to the 1st and 2nd place teams cause they've earned it. 3rd gets like $300, consolation winner gets their money back, and the regular season winner of each league gets their money back 

Archived