Where do you rank Super Bowl 34? (Rams vs. Titans)

x0x

Where does Super Bowl 34 rank for you?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Super Bowl 34 rank for you?

• Top 3
    • Top 5
    • Top 10

Or the One Yard Short

super-bowl-XXXIV-kevin-dyson-mike-jones.

To summarize, the game saw 2 missed field goal attempts from both teams and the Rams being held a still record 5 times in the red-zone without a TD to start. St. Louis eventually went up 16-0 mid-way through the 3rd before the Titans overcame that margin to tie late in the 4th. Then Kurt Warner broke the Super Bowl record for passing yards by throwing a long one to Isaac Bruce on 1st down leaving Steve McNair with 1:48 and 1 TO to march 88 yards for the tie. Up until Super Bowl 51 (Falcons-Pats) no team had come back to tie the game late (2 min) on a TD score and win but had the one yard short play been indeed 1 more yard, the game would likely have seen the first ever OT, then who the hell knows.

Now, I myself hadn't watched the entire game since the original airing until yesterday, although the 4th quarter I had watched several times and it is indeed an all-time 4th quarter. The 4 missed field goal attempts saw 2 real misses and then a botched snap and blocked kick. Furthermore there were numerous almost turnover plays, though the game in the end had 0. Aside from the memorable last play, McNair's magic escape before that for a long gain would only be matched/surpassed by Eli Manning in 42. However considering it was the 2nd to last play and on the heels of a 0-16 comeback, I do still think it's the better escape given McNair's athleticism.

Anywho, since I had not watched the game entirely for a long while and my bias, I had the Cardinals-Steelers and of course Pats-Falcons Super Bowls clearly ahead and a few others (Pats-Panthers, etc) in the discussion. However considering the environment (less dainty flags) and the momentum swings, I now think this Super Bowl was insanely entertaining and 2nd only to the Pats-Falcons comeback for obvious reasons (3-28 is #1 for ANY game now).

How about you???

It's probably top ten for me .  Some good games before I started watching football, I wasn't around for Jets Colts but seeing the AFL win it must have been huge.  Joe's comeback against Cinci was also huge, and wide right?  

Of the games I've watched it's probably around #5
#1 Giants Pats for not undefeated
#2 Steelers Cards unreal action
#3 Patriots Falcons comeback
#4 Patriots Seahawks whydidntyourunlynch
#5 rams titans

1. Super Bowl 42 (Far and away #1)
2. Super Bowl 52 (Personal Bias though)
3. Super Bowl 51 (Unfortunately)
4. Super Bowl 34 (Also happens to be the earliest I can remember of Super Bowls and how they really went down)

Big drop off after this.

Archived