TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

20 minutes ago, Phire said:

Yeah as far as I know that's legit lol

Damn that is pretty awesome. I was under the impression we put most Japanese Americans in internment camps and thy were taken out of serving in society in America for that period of time. 

Edited by Bednarik60

The last Pope, Pope Benedict fought for the Germans. It sounded like he had no choice and his family weren't fans of the Nazis. Some times your just born on the wrong side of the fence at the wrong time in history.  

Ratzinger's family, especially his father, bitterly resented the Nazis, and his father's opposition to Nazism resulted in demotions and harassment of the family.[12] Following his 14th birthday in 1941, Ratzinger was conscripted into the Hitler Youth—as membership was required by law for all 14-year-old German boys after March 1939[13]—but was an unenthusiastic member who refused to attend meetings, according to his brother.[14] In 1941, one of Ratzinger's cousins, a 14-year-old boy with Down syndrome, was taken away by the Nazi regime and murdered during the Action T4 campaign of Nazi eugenics.[15] In 1943, while still in seminary, he was drafted into the German anti-aircraft corps as Luftwaffenhelfer.[14] Ratzinger then trained in the German infantry.[16] As the Allied front drew closer to his post in 1945, he deserted back to his family's home in Traunstein after his unit had ceased to exist, just as American troops established a headquarters in the Ratzinger household.[17] As a German soldier, he was interned in a prisoner of war camp, but released a few months later at the end of the war in May 1945.[17]

-wiki

Edited by Bednarik60

Just now, Bednarik60 said:

I actually just listened to Ben Shapiro and Adam Carolla testify at congress about/against "safe space culture" and protecting freedom of speech. I like this Shapiro guy. 

Dude is wicked smart. I just need 2.5 hours to listen to the episode, I usually like to listen to it all in one sitting. Maybe later tonight.