2019 combine

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

It would be one of the best draft room debates we've had in years. Decades?

Interesting because Allen plays a more coveted position, but I feel Quinnen has the better chance to be top 3 at his position.  I m kind of hoping one is gone by 5.  I do believe Quinnen has a better chance to fall to 5 then Allen.

Thinking about it, I'm sure Oliver added some water weight to have a better number for the combine. But even adding 10lbs or so means his play weight is about 275lbs. Which isn't an issue for a 5tech. And if he maintains that weight, he can play 3tech with no problem. Especially with how quick he gets off the ball.

McCoy is only like 10-15lbs heavier than what Oliver weighed in at today. And McCoy is two inches taller. Which isn't that much when comparing guys that size.

Here s a question about the Bowles defense, which I don t know the answer.  Considering it is a blitz happy man coverage, which positions on the field are considered absolute priorities.  Nice to have press CBs, but if you don t have a pass rush it doesn t matter.  If you blitz a lot, are outside pass rushers as important?  ILB that can do it all, a must?  I bring this up when we watch the combine and wonder about tge rankings of thr prospects on their big. board. 

14 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Here s a question about the Bowles defense, which I don t know the answer.  Considering it is a blitz happy man coverage, which positions on the field are considered absolute priorities.  Nice to have press CBs, but if you don t have a pass rush it doesn t matter.  If you blitz a lot, are outside pass rushers as important?  ILB that can do it all, a must?  I bring this up when we watch the combine and wonder about tge rankings of thr prospects on their big. board. 

That's a great question. I don't know.

I'd guess that pressure is the priority and it doesn't matter how we get it. But looking at who we've interviewed so far:

Zach Allen, DE/3-4DE, Boston College (COM)

Nick Bosa, DE/3-4OLB, Ohio State (COM)

Kingsley Keke, DT/3-4DE, Texas A&M (COM)

Jachai Polite, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Florida (COM)

Chris Slayton, DT, Syracuse (EW)

Oshane Ximines, DE/3-4OLB, Old Dominion (COM) 

Florida State OLB/DE Brian Burns

LSU LB Devin White

TCU EDGE L.J. Collier

Georgia EDGE Johnathan Ledbtter

Maryland DT/34 DE Bryon Cowart

Houston DT/34 DE Ed Oliver 

Notre Dame DT/34 DE Jerry Tillery

TCU OLB/DE Ben Banogu

Iowa EDGE Anthony Nelson

Texas DT/34 DE Charles Ominihu

Michigan DT/34 DE Rashan Gary

Oregon EDGE Jalen Jelks

Florida EDGE CeCe Jeffereson

Eastern Michigan EDGE Maxx Crosby

That's 12 EDGE rushers, eight iDL, and one LB. So, yeah. I think getting after the QB is just the priority, no matter where it comes from.

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Whew. That 10 yard split is better than Aaron Donald's.

was it just me that watched Isabella run live? nfl network had him clocked at like 4.5 and his second i think was like 4.6

next thing i know a few hours later they are saying Isabella actually ran 4.31

i was like.... wait what

idk if i can trust these live times anymore lol

Archived