Tayne's Womp Womp Combine Thread

NudeTayne

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Wood Dorsey want him still if he ran a 4.40 40? If his agility was elite, would that be enough for Dorsey to grab him in the first round? Second-round? I agree that most combine events affect most positions in very minimal ways.

That said, when it comes to players who are categorized as any of the following: under sized, tweener, thinner build, not ideal length, one or no years of quality college-level productivity etc., a poor athletic showing might sway from picking that player. I just wonder if he weighs light at the combine and runs very good but not great, will it affect his stock and if so how much?

Yeah all I can do is speculate, but in his case, that was how he earned his buzz, he's a blazer. I still believe he can be effective even if he's not as fast/quick as we thought. The tape doesn't lie.

If he runs a 4.4, idk how he could possibly go before Late Round 2. But it seems unlikely this would happen.

I think the whole point of the combine is to reaffirm the things that are seen on tape. In Brown's case, it almost seems like a given that he'll run well under 4.4 - but if guys leave unanswered questions in Indy, that's when we can really start to embrace the chaos.

Until then, much like criminals are innocent until proven guilty, I think Marquise Brown is criminally fast until proven slow.

7 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

, I think Marquise Brown is criminally fast until proven slow.

Agreed. And Marquise Brown is the trifecta: (1) Baker's elite weapon from college; (2) named Hollywood to create good swag stuff with Higgins; and (3) his jersey says "Brown". It would be a fourfecta, but the swizzy #5 Cleveland Browns Marquise Brown going full Hall of Fame as the greatest QB and receiver combo, surpassing the great Jerry Rice, would be nice (but NFL WRs only choose from 80-89 and then 10-19 once those numbers are taken).

2 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I am a little concerned with Hollywood Brown tbh. 

He's more than 15 pounds lighter than Tyreek Hill entering the draft.

Being undersized is one thing, a line needs to be drawn somewhere. I think he can be a phenomenal player in the league, but I don't know how long it will last.

But yeah Dorsey loves the guys that get value like Callaway and Hill. I think that's how he's made his living. Players who are doubted because they are lacking in certain areas or have question marks surrounding them, and proceed to fall. 

If we draft him, we shouldn t play him like Hill, especially initially. We shouldn run him into crowds, he doesnt look built to take hits. 

Let him run 9s, posts,  corners, deep crossers, come back routes.

They are all important routes in Freddie's offense and the air raid. 

I'd imagine he plays 20%-30% of snaps. Take him in the late 1st or 2nd. 

7 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Agreed. And Marquise Brown is the trifecta: (1) Baker's elite weapon from college; (2) named Hollywood to create good swag stuff with Higgins; and (3) his jersey says "Brown". It would be a fourfecta, but the swizzy #5 Cleveland Browns Marquise Brown going full Hall of Fame as the greatest QB and receiver combo, surpassing the great Jerry Rice, would be nice (but NFL WRs only choose from 80-89 and then 10-19 once those numbers are taken).

59fe6cc40cf59.image.jpg Hey Bro!

UEUNNJBKWBCOFGZ6YPPYDGEDKY.JPG        180qgp.jpg

Archived