2018 Starting Quarterback

pwny

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

i doubt the chiefs will trade alex smith for a Fair deal to us.  a fair deal IMO would be something like a 2nd this year and a conditional 3rd that can go to a 2nd. 

theres a lack of good Available QB Talent even in trades. 

eli no thanks. he seems like the guy who wants to spend his career with 1 team and he would have to approve being traded here and i dont see why he would want to. 

Lets here these "options in trades" cuz i gurantee you theres not many good options. 

Have you watched Brissett for Indy? They got him for a draft bust in Phillip Dorsett.

We don't have to get a proven top game manager like Alex Smith to win games.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Have you watched Brissett for Indy? They got him for a draft bust in Phillip Dorsett.

We don't have to get a proven top game manager like Alex Smith to win games.

the only reason they got him for what they did is He was 3rd string and the patriots needed WR Help with the Edelman Injury. 

there aint many teams out there shopping their backup QBs. 

the only reason they got him for what they did is He was 3rd string and the patriots needed WR Help with the Edelman Injury. 

there aint many teams out there shopping their backup QBs. 

The Bengals just were prior to this season but we didn't like the price.

You just assume everything and state it as fact. I don't get it.

Just now, .Buzz said:

The Bengals just were prior to this season but we didn't like the price.

You just assume everything and state it as fact. I don't get it.

there was like 3 teams at best Shopping QBs(Browns, Patriots, Bengals). that is not what i consider Many teams. 

Kessler isnt good and neither is hogan(both would likely be available in trade).  Patriots i doubt are letting Grap walk in free agency cuz Brady is old.  so tell me where the Good QBs available in trade r. 

i dont see any good Qbs available in trade that we would have to overpay and/or hope said Player approves of his destination.  maybe u get lucky with a team trading Rivers, or another old guy but theres very slim pickings out there that can take us to the playoffs at a fair cost. 

there was like 3 teams at best Shopping QBs(Browns, Patriots, Bengals). that is not what i consider Many teams. 

Kessler isnt good and neither is hogan(both would likely be available in trade).  Patriots i doubt are letting Grap walk in free agency cuz Brady is old.  so tell me where the Good QBs available in trade r. 

i dont see any good Qbs available in trade that we would have to overpay and/or hope said Player approves of his destination.  maybe u get lucky with a team trading Rivers, or another old guy but theres very slim pickings out there that can take us to the playoffs at a fair cost. 

There's not THAT many teams with young QB's that teams would want to trade for. There's a lot of Chad Henne's/Case Keenum's (who has played well) that no one would give up any real value for, so of course the list isn't long.

Rivers blows now, why the hell would we trade for him? 

Just now, .Buzz said:

There's not THAT many teams with young QB's that teams would want to trade for. There's a lot of Chad Henne's/Case Keenum's (who has played well) that no one would give up any real value for, so of course the list isn't long.

Rivers blows now, why the hell would we trade for him? 

hes an upgrade to bortles.  you call Eli an Upgrade to Bortles but Eli isnt really an upgrade. 

hes an upgrade to bortles.  you call Eli an Upgrade to Bortles but Eli isnt really an upgrade. 

Except Eli is an upgrade.

I'd take Eli over Rivers based on everything I've seen this year and last. Rivers has fallen off a cliff. He's just a name at this point. Of course he's better than Blake, but he's going to cost a draft pick(s) that I have zero interest in giving up for him. 

Just now, .Buzz said:

Except Eli is an upgrade.

I'd take Eli over Rivers based on everything I've seen this year and last. Rivers has fallen off a cliff. He's just a name at this point. Of course he's better than Blake, but he's going to cost a draft pick(s) that I have zero interest in giving up for him. 

and Eli is gonna Cost a Draft Pick(S) that i have zero interest in giving for him.   the only thing Seperating Eli and Bortles is Completion Percentage. 

also u can take your Keenum could be available in trade for near nothing and shove it where the sun doesnt shine.  Keenum isnt that good. Hes arguebly worse then AJ. 

and Eli is gonna Cost a Draft Pick(S) that i have zero interest in giving for him.   the only thing Seperating Eli and Bortles is Completion Percentage. 

also u can take your Keenum could be available in trade for near nothing and shove it where the sun doesnt shine.  Keenum isnt that good. Hes arguebly worse then AJ. 

You are one of the very few that wouldn't give up a 3rd+mid/late rd 2019 pick for Eli. So I'm ok if "you" wouldn't.

Just now, .Buzz said:

You are one of the very few that wouldn't give up a 3rd+mid/late rd 2019 pick for Eli. So I'm ok if "you" wouldn't.

i dont see Eli Aproving a trade here  so ultimately it wouldnt matter. he loves NY and Being in the spotlight and well Jacksonville is Far Far out the spot light. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

i dont see Eli Aproving a trade here  so ultimately it wouldnt matter. he loves NY and Being in the spotlight and well Jacksonville is Far Far out the spot light. 

Great. No one said he would. You brought him up.

Just now, LinderFournette said:

yall brought him up when he was first rumored to be potentially going to the jags.   i also doubt the giants would take less then 2 2nds for eli. 

No idea how that has anything to do with what we're talking about right now. That conversation took place multiple weeks ago. You just brought him up for no reason just now and started comparing him with Rivers. I did no such thing.

Also, of course we brought him up. There was multiple reports/people talking about "What if the Jaguars got Eli", all of the discussion was a hypothetical and what he'd do for us if we could agree on a trade AND if he would want to come here.

The more I think about it, the more I think I’m in the camp to go get a veteran who can help us win and push the long term decision out a year or two until we’re in a place to get the guy in the draft.

Sign Brees for a year, or trade for Alex Smith for a couple years or sign Cousins for a handful of years.

Unless you think that [insert draftee] is a great prospect (which seems to be iffy from most) and that they’ll be available wherever our 3+ wins put us, I think maybe that’s the best option for this year.

Archived