Ravens cut Michael Crabtree WR

49erurtaza

3 hours ago, Danand said:

Yeah, 1 sentence and you are already wrong.

Sport science is an entertainment show where they guess. I just thought of a scenario where there was no contact from Crabtree on Jimmy Smith, and Jimmy just jumped up and intercepted the ball 10/10 times.

Simulations say the dude is an elite player if you rerun the play without defenders on the field. #SportScience

7 hours ago, Danand said:

If you decide to be retarded/just decide not to look up stats, there is no reason to discuss.

Crabtree was a redzone threat, scoring 9-8-8 TD's as a redzone target in his 3 years with the Raiders.

Regarding the red zone throws in the super bowl. on the second down he had Corey Graham disrupting him - no chance of making that throw, wasn't even in his hands. 3 down he caught the ball against Graham in tight coverage, but the ball was knocked lose on the hit from Jimmy Smith on the 3 yard line - a hit which today would have been helmet to helmet and a penalty most likely. The 4 down was as much OPI as DPI and the ball was overthrown anyway. Sry but your argument is dumb and stupid.

All you did was post his touchdown total with the Raiders his three seasons there. That proves nothing. I watched his entire 49ers career. He was never a redzone threat.

In the Super Bowl with the 4 throws near the goal line, Crabtree didn't get it done partly, because in that situation he has no clear advantage that he brings to the table. Won't outmuscle you, and won't out jump you like I said earlier. Same thing happened the very next year in Seattle when Sherman owned him on the fade. Every once in a while he can score there, but the said can be said about anyone else. Crabtree was best utilized 10 plus yards out where he can break a tackle, and find his way into the endzone. In a crowded situation with the field condensed though near the goal line, he doesn't shine.

BTW, you ad hominem approach only weakens your position, not strengthen it. Do better. 

He definitely had great chemistry with Carr. He ran some nice routes to get open in the endzone. A lot of quick slants and outs and seemingly option routes to create space. Wasn't half bad with the fade either. Again I want to get younger, but I have a soft spot for Crab and would be amenable to bring him back for cheap.

Archived