Lebron's legacy !!! ??? !!!

resilient part 2

I don't think any of this stuff impacts his legacy, tbh.  Nobody will remember or care about any of this.  There are two things that hurt him.

1.  The 2011 meltdown vs the Mavericks in the NBA Finals. 

2.  The fact that he's [currently] 3-6 in the NBA Finals.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't think any of this stuff impacts his legacy, tbh.  Nobody will remember or care about any of this.  There are two things that hurt him.

I mean, that's entirely dependent on who you ask. Someone people will remember him as the guy who was afraid to shoot and passed on all important shots, conveniently forgetting all the important shots he made.

Anyone who just throws out his Finals record to diminish his legacy is silly and not worth taking seriously, similar to the guy who will say how LeBron was scared to shoot at the end of games.

21 minutes ago, showtime said:

3. Missing the playoffs as soon as he left the Leastern Conference.

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Michael Jordan couldn't make the playoffs in the East.

You mean as a 38 year old coming off 3 years of sitting on his couch drinking booze and smoking cigars?

Just now, dtait93 said:

You mean as a 38 year old coming off 3 years of sitting on his couch drinking booze and smoking cigars?

Oh wait, so context matters? Never woulda thunk it.

SFR2_400x400.jpg

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Ummm...the exact same way I did.

One announced that playoff mode is activated and missed the playoffs.

The other was a crusty old man and missed the playoffs.

That's really all the context you need.

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I think he's referring to the fact that the Lakers were a 3 or 4 seed before LeBron got hurt, and when he got back basically most of the key players were out of the year.

He probably makes it to the playoffs in the East though.

11 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

You're fun.

Not sure why I engaged at all.

2 hours ago, Mossburg said:

I think he's referring to the fact that the Lakers were a 3 or 4 seed before LeBron got hurt, and when he got back basically most of the key players were out of the year.

He probably makes it to the playoffs in the East though.

This isn't true. The only player out for the year was Lonzo when he returned. 

The Lakers WITHOUT Lebran achieved a 34% win pct (9-17) and out of those 26 games, Ball missed 14, Kuzma missed 10, and Ingram missed 9. 

The Lakers WITH Lebran after his return from injury achieved only a 38% win pct (8-13) and out of those 21 games, Ball missed 21, Kuzma missed 2, and Ingram missed 10.

So in the 26 games Lebran missed, you had of course no Lebran for all 26, no Ball for 14, no Kuzma for 10, and no Ingram for 9. But in the 21 games Lebran played in after his injury they only had a 4% win increase yet they had Lebran for all 21, no Ball for all 21, no Kuzma for only 2, and no Ingram for 10? That's freaking horrible.

It's time we quit making up excuses for Bran-Bran and call his 2018-19 season for what it is. We all thought he could take a rag tag group in to the playoffs for a run, but that's only against scrub Leastern Conference competition. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

What context do you want to delver for the 2011 Finals vs the Mavericks.  I'm willing to listen.

Not talking about that, champ. He shrunk and played awful.

Archived