5 Reasons the Jets SHOULD sign Le'Veon Bell

rdelaney89

Should the Jets Sign Le'Veon Bell?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Jets Sign Le'Veon Bell?

• Yes
    • No
    • He's French

43 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My point of bringing up Michel, was that the elite teams in this league have noticed the trend of offense being supreme and have started taking these WRs and RBs early bc they know just plugging in guys in valuable spots doesn’t work. My point wasn’t pointing out that NE who never prioritized RB has even used a 1st Rounder on a RB. We need to start realizing this before we ruin our QB. Surround him with great talent. Not plug in and hope mid late rounders. Yes you can get lucky sometimes and find that gem. But that’s not common.

I mean... they drafted him at 31.  My philosophy starts 2 picks later.  Kind of semantics at that point.  But lots of teams have found gems at RB lately, and made it work without breaking the bank for a RB.  I have no problem with taking a RB at 31, but i don't wanna pay one huge money.  I bet you the Pat's don't give him a massive 2nd contract. 

On 3/6/2019 at 8:08 AM, rampantjet said:

This video was pretty pointless.  It is the same arguments that people have been making on both sides of the debate.  Though using Gurley as proof that a high priced RB can get you to the superbowl is pretty dumb, since he barely played in the playoffs, and a guy that they signed off the street several weeks early was their feature back and they won playoff games.  

They road Gurley to a first round bye though, I'm 100% confident if the Rams had marginally better QB play in the Super Bowl they win that game. Darnold going toe to toe with Rodgers gives me the confidence, that if Bell were to sustain an injury like Gurley did, that he'd be able to carry us through the playoffs. I know the rest of the Rams team is lightyears ahead of the Jets but there is no reason with our cap situation and Sam in the fold that we can't be in a comparable position in a year or two.

6 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

They road Gurley to a first round bye though, I'm 100% confident if the Rams had marginally better QB play in the Super Bowl they win that game. Darnold going toe to toe with Rodgers gives me the confidence, that if Bell were to sustain an injury like Gurley did, that he'd be able to carry us through the playoffs. I know the rest of the Rams team is lightyears ahead of the Jets but there is no reason with our cap situation and Sam in the fold that we can't be in a comparable position in a year or two.

That's exactly how the Rams built themselves up. They were one of the smart teams that rode this recent wave of cap space increasing dramatically and started using FA more since it was less consequential. We have all this cap space and do nothing with it. Time to build a team around Sam.

43 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

That's exactly how the Rams built themselves up. They were one of the smart teams that rode this recent wave of cap space increasing dramatically and started using FA more since it was less consequential. We have all this cap space and do nothing with it. Time to build a team around Sam.

Ya but i think they are gonna be in rougher shape moving forward. 

I see a trend in the NFL. In which the Hets either miss completely most the time or are late the party in. The 2 best young teams are arguably the Chiefs and Rams. I think most of us can agree with that. And what do we see these teams doing even as we speak? Not caring about defense. KC is trying to trade and cut their really only 2 good defensive players. LA is letting all their FAs walk on defense rather than pay them. The league is catering to offense. So to use a bunch of cao on a side of the ball that’s already pissing into the wind with rules is exactly that.... pissing into the wind. Offense is where it’s at now and in the future. It sells in a fantasy football driven, points sell NFL.

Just now, rampantjet said:

Ya but i think they are gonna be in rougher shape moving forward. 

Once that big QB contract comes in they better hope Goff is ready to elevate the players around him otherwise it's going to be tough for them.  You can prop up a young QB with a talented roster when the QB makes no money.  Once the QB needs a 30M dollar contract it's tough and you need to be truly elite and ready to carry your team.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I see a trend in the NFL. In which the Hets either miss completely most the time or are late the party in. The 2 best young teams are arguably the Chiefs and Rams. I think most of us can agree with that. And what do we see these teams doing even as we speak? Not caring about defense. KC is trying to trade and cut their really only 2 good defensive players. LA is letting all their FAs walk on defense rather than pay them. The league is catering to offense. So to use a bunch of cao on a side of the ball that’s already pissing into the wind with rules is exactly that.... pissing into the wind. Offense is where it’s at now and in the future. It sells in a fantasy football driven, points sell NFL.

Rams just last year traded for Talib & Peters, signed Donald to the richest defensive contract in history, signed Suh, and traded for Fowler. Chiefs are a different story, not really sure what they have up their sleeve (maybe trying to make room for a Landon Collins signing?) but I don't think it's smart to completely neglect one side of the ball.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

You still need balance.  The Superbowl was a defensive game and the defense was the reason for the Chiefs demise.  Needing to score 30+ every night to win s not a great idea.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

The Rams don't care about D?  They made moves to get 2 really good CB's before the season (didn't work out but it doesn't eman they didn't try.  Signed Donald to a record contract.  Signed Suh to play right next to him.  Traded for Fowler.  Resigned Nickell Robey-Coleman, Resigned Brockers, 

3 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Rams just last year traded for Talib & Peters, signed Donald to the richest defensive contract in history, signed Suh, and traded for Fowler. Chiefs are a different story, not really sure what they have up their sleeve (maybe trying to make room for a Landon Collins signing?) but I don't think it's smart to completely neglect one side of the ball.

Exactly the signed those guys last year and are letting most their defensive talents leave in FA. That was my point. Same as KC trying to trade Ford and Houston. They’re not valuing defense.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

You still need balance.  The Superbowl was a defensive game and the defense was the reason for the Chiefs demise.  Needing to score 30+ every night to win s not a great idea.

Absolutely. You don’t see me saying neglect edge rusher and all. But offense should be end all be all for us. We just traded away a lot for Darnold. And if we don’t give him weapons it’s a failed QB again for us. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Exactly the signed those guys last year and are letting most their defensive talents leave in FA. That was my point. Same as KC trying to trade Ford and Houston. They’re now valuing defense.

If anything I'd say the Rams just went all-in, but they are only letting Suh and Fowler go. Still have Donald, Talib, and Peters from last years overhaul. They have interest in re-signing Fowler but think they're going to get out-bid (and rightfully so because we are gonna make sure of it). 

Chiefs are switching to a 4-3 scheme. Houston has been hurt often and may not fit and has a massive cap hit so cutting him saves a lot of money, Ford improved in a contract year, cost them a shot at a Super Bowl, and is pretty much one-dimensional, and is about to require a massive contact. I think they're smart to try and capitalize on his value and trade him now. These moves are more financially driven than anything, defense will never get phased out of the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely. You don’t see me saying neglect edge rusher and all. But offense should be end all be all for us. We just traded away a lot for Darnold. And if we don’t give him weapons it’s a failed QB again for us. 

Bell is the best available weapon, we need to get him. Then beef up your o-line so you can maximize the abilities of both Bell and Darnold. That alone makes us a much better offense.

• Like 1

The NFL is a business and if you don’t adapt to play by their rules and trends you’ll be left behind. Which is the current state of this team and has been for a long time. The league caters to offense. Therefor offense should be the focus. Drafting Darnold was a great start to hopefully adapting. I hope we see more of this this offseason. Protecting him and giving him WRs and a RB. Time will tell. But if we still think defense wins we will be left behind.

Its no different than any business. I own a side Disney Inspired T-shirt company I started my designs mainly for men with some women designs. Once opened I reakized that most my clients were female. Literally probably 90%. Me as a man would still love to just do men designs mainly but if I want to succeed I have to adapt. So now most my designs are geared to women bc I had to adapt to what the customer wanted.

Its no different in the NFL the rules want scoring. Offense scored. Adding elote defense to that doesn’t score points. Talent is needed on the side of the ball that the league is catered too.

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I disagree.  There are many different ways to help a young QB it's not just about having weapons.  When you say "end all be all" it sounds like you just want to meh edge rushers because we should be drafting a WR at 3 to help Sam. 

I think we need help on offense for sure but a Julio Jones type WR is not very high on on the list for me.  Sam can develop just fine with multiple above average WR's as you call them.