5 Reasons the Jets SHOULD sign Le'Veon Bell

rdelaney89

Should the Jets Sign Le'Veon Bell?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Jets Sign Le'Veon Bell?

• Yes
    • No
    • He's French

There is something wrong with you if you are against signing Bell.  There is not one argument I have heard for not signing him that makes sense.

Pay the man his 17-18M and lock him up for the next 4-5 years with an easy out after years 3 and 4.

• Like 2

My biggest things involved in getting Bell are before hand and then after hand.

Before hand is that 2-3 new OLineman need to be brought in via FA and/or valuable draft picks to make the signing worth it.

After hand is the benefits. The best thing about Bell is not only are you getting a great runner with patience... you’re getting a legit WR in essence too. Both will be huge in grooming Darnold into a franchise QB.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

My biggest things involved in getting Bell are before hand and then after hand.

Before hand is that 2-3 new OLineman need to be brought in via FA and/or valuable draft picks to make the signing worth it.

After hand is the benefits. The best thing about Bell is not only are you getting a great runner with patience... you’re getting a legit WR in essence too. Both will be huge in grooming Darnold into a franchise QB.

Completely agree, I think we have to target OL in conjunction with Bell. I really want Saffold and then one of Morse/Paradis

• Like 1

I would offer Le 'Veon Bell deal worth $16mil/year with the first 3 years fully guaranteed.     The deal can be structured so it would not impact from other players being signed.   Jets have the money.  Let's Do It!!!!         

• Like 1

Just now, SDotNova said:

Nice video. Solid arguments in there.

88 RBs drafted between 3rd-7th and only 6 have had a 1,000 yards rushing. Wow. That was a surprising nugget.

Hence why I say we need to draft RB early of sign a big name guy. We are virtually clueless when it comes to drafting RBs and WRs over the last God knows how many years.

• Like 2

This video was pretty pointless.  It is the same arguments that people have been making on both sides of the debate.  Though using Gurley as proof that a high priced RB can get you to the superbowl is pretty dumb, since he barely played in the playoffs, and a guy that they signed off the street several weeks early was their feature back and they won playoff games.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

This video was pretty pointless.  It is the same arguments that people have been making on both sides of the debate.  Though using Gurley as proof that a high priced RB can get you to the superbowl is pretty dumb, since he barely played in the playoffs, and a guy that they signed off the street several weeks early was their feature back and they won playoff games.  

But the team that won the SB used a 1st Rounder on a RB and he helped them a good amount all year (a lot in the playoffs) as just a rookie.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

But the team that won the SB used a 1st Rounder on a RB and he helped them a good amount all year (a lot in the playoffs) as just a rookie.

You don't think you can find a guy that can get 981 all purpose yards in 13 games in the patriots offense just about anywhere?

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

You don't think you can find a guy that can get 981 all purpose yards in 13 games in the patriots offense just about anywhere?

He shared time. So if you're looking at just his stats you aren't looking at the whole picture. If he was a feature back getting almost all the touches, he probably would have been a top 5-10 RB in the league as just a rookie. You also "coincidentally" left out his 6 playoff TDs in 3 games.

• Like 1

I'm not even sure why i am arguing this I like Sony, but he did nothing in the passing game and averaged about the same YPC as the other rushers the Pats had.  They had such a dominant line this year that just about anyone would have produced back there.  Hell Cordarelle Patterson averaged almost a full yard more per carry than Sony in the games that he played RB.

52 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I'm not even sure why i am arguing this I like Sony, but he did nothing in the passing game and averaged about the same YPC as the other rushers the Pats had.  They had such a dominant line this year that just about anyone would have produced back there.  Hell Cordarelle Patterson averaged almost a full yard more per carry than Sony in the games that he played RB.

We’ve tried “your” philosophy for forever now in building a defense and choosing boa which most the time is defense and it doesn’t work. It’s time to change. The league has changed. Hell even when we had a great defense in our afccg runs... we won those playoff games bc of our offense.

52 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We’ve tried “your” philosophy for forever now in building a defense and choosing boa which most the time is defense and it doesn’t work. It’s time to change. The league has changed. Hell even when we had a great defense in our afccg runs... we won those playoff games bc of our offense.

What's "my" philosophy?  I am a proponent of drafting a RB every year between rounds 2-5 or so.  We basically never do that, we actually haven't taken a RB in that range since 2011, when we took Powell in the 4th and got a good return imo.  Before that we took McKight in the 4th and Greene in the 3rd.  Greene gave us a few good years, which i think is all you can count on out of an RB, and McKight was an elite return man.  Before that 3 year run you have to go back to 2006 when we took Leon Washington, who also gave us some good years.  Honestly we have done the opposite of my philosophy when it comes to RB's forever.  We constantly signed older RB's for much more than rookie contracts would be.  

2 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

What's "my" philosophy?  I am a proponent of drafting a RB every year between rounds 2-5 or so.  We basically never do that, we actually haven't taken a RB in that range since 2011, when we took Powell in the 4th and got a good return imo.  Before that we took McKight in the 4th and Greene in the 3rd.  Greene gave us a few good years, which i think is all you can count on out of an RB, and McKight was an elite return man.  Before that 3 year run you have to go back to 2006 when we took Leon Washington, who also gave us some good years.  Honestly we have done the opposite of my philosophy when it comes to RB's forever.  We constantly signed older RB's for much more than rookie contracts would be.  

My point of bringing up Michel, was that the elite teams in this league have noticed the trend of offense being supreme and have started taking these WRs and RBs early bc they know just plugging in guys in valuable spots doesn’t work. My point wasn’t pointing out that NE who never prioritized RB has even used a 1st Rounder on a RB. We need to start realizing this before we ruin our QB. Surround him with great talent. Not plug in and hope mid late rounders. Yes you can get lucky sometimes and find that gem. But that’s not common.