Titans Resign Pamphile

Titans fan 617

I specifically remember scouts discussing whether Conklin was someone who should move to guard in the pros.  There's every reason to think he could transition pretty easily, as it's a common thing.

That said, with all the big money players coming up for big contracts, I think it's more likely they try to play someone else because they could extend Kelly for several years much more cheaply if he isn't coming right off of a season as the starting right tackle.

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

I specifically remember scouts discussing whether Conklin was someone who should move to guard in the pros.  There's every reason to think he could transition pretty easily, as it's a common thing.

That said, with all the big money players coming up for big contracts, I think it's more likely they try to play someone else because they could extend Kelly for several years much more cheaply if he isn't coming right off of a season as the starting right tackle.

You think kelly will sign an extension or bet on himself elsewhere for a chance to start 🤔

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

You think kelly will sign an extension or bet on himself elsewhere for a chance to start 🤔

IIRC, his contract expires when Conklin's does if they don't pick up the fifth year option, so I don't think he'll have to make a choice.  I'm saying that if I'm in the FO, I root for someone other than Kelly to start because I would love to be able to get a quality RT for cheap, in comparison to what an 8th overall pick would demand.  With as much money as they already have invested in the Oline, and with Byard, Mariota, and Henry coming up on either contract extensions or UDFA status, they need to pinch pennies where they can.

After watching JROBs most recent interview with Jim Wyatt, I think I’ve fully accepted the fact that Conklin is not moving to Guard. JROB seemed pretty firm about it. I hate that he’s not open to the transition, but I just need to accept it and not be hopeful. ... So, who’s going to be our Guard on that side? Cause the Right side of the OLINE isn’t looking good at the moment.

34 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

After watching JROBs most recent interview with Jim Wyatt, I think I’ve fully accepted the fact that Conklin is not moving to Guard. JROB seemed pretty firm about it. I hate that he’s not open to the transition, but I just need to accept it and not be hopeful. ... So, who’s going to be our Guard on that side? Cause the Right side of the OLINE isn’t looking good at the moment.

Glad you accepted that. Vrabel seems to really like Pamphile so I’d imagine a competition between him, Stinnie, Levin, and a rookie. 

43 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Glad you accepted that. Vrabel seems to really like Pamphile so I’d imagine a competition between him, Stinnie, Levin, and a rookie. 

i feel the same way.. unless he's throwing a crazy smoke screen, I think that may be the case. the only silver lining is that they always say "hey, its___ (month). we will see what happens when we start putting on the pads.. that's the only reason I'm leaving the door open. whats said in late march may or may not have anything to do with what happens in late april, may, june, and july. I expect us to take a guard in the first 3 rounds tho however.. idk...

Archived