Bears Decline Qualifying Offer For Houston-Carson, Scales

soulman

Bears decline qualifying offer for DeAndre Houston-Carson

ByMatt Eurich 12 hours ago

The Chicago Bears are making some minor adjustments to their roster. According to Chris Emma of 670 The Score, the Bears are not extending qualifying offers to safety DeAndre Houston-Carson or long snapper Patrick Scales. Both were set to be restricted free agents. These moves make both players free agents on the open market.

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/DeAndre-Houston-Carson-no-qualifying-offer-130037724/?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=190313_163117_Chicago Bears Newsletter&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=C3-52-7D-DF-F0-AF-8E-1A-53-7F-74-41-9D-F1-31-5F190313_163117ChicagoBearsNewsletter

Not a big deal since both could be offered more team friendly deals much like we did with Braunecker.

Hope we bring both of these players back. Scales you don't even think about him most of the time which is the biggest compliment you can pay to a long snapper. And I like DHC, turned himself in to one of our core special teamers and looked good in pre-season when he got some playing time at safety.

1 hour ago, Damikeeeee said:

We need the safety depth. I liked DHC when he played. He's a try hard. 

Yeah, but like Braunecker you can bring guys back for a fraction of their tender cost.  His 2019 cap cost is just over $1 mil vs $2.1 mil for a tender and he's guaranteed about half that.

15 minutes ago, soulman said:

Yeah, but like Braunecker you can bring guys back for a fraction of their tender cost.  His 2019 cap cost is just over $1 mil vs $2.1 mil for a tender and he's guaranteed about half that.

Trust me I'm all for that. That's what I wanted our free agency to be. 

Archived