Josh Norman

Ghostnote

I think Norman is a stud. While I wasn't the biggest fan of paying him what he got paid he is a heck of a player. He does struggle with AJ Green but this is pre season. This guy is a hard worker. He is passionate and he is a key player to the attitude change they clearly want on defense. He tackles and he is a heck of a player!!! By no means is he a freak like Patrick Peterson. But for a 6th round pick this guy is a top 5 CB IMO!!! I'm excited to see him play this season?!

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I think Norman is a stud. While I wasn't the biggest fan of paying him what he got paid he is a heck of a player. He does struggle with AJ Green but this is pre season. This guy is a hard worker. He is passionate and he is a key player to the attitude change they clearly want on defense. He tackles and he is a heck of a player!!! By no means is he a freak like Patrick Peterson. But for a 6th round pick this guy is a top 5 CB IMO!!! I'm excited to see him play this season?!

No one shuts down aj green or Julio Jones at all . 

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

1. We still haven't replaced him at ROLB unless Galette stays healthy.

2. I didn't like him.

3. Still a better center than Long - when healthy - but he wasn't healthy his last 2 years in DC. He was G/C when we used to run the ball well. He was C when our OL went over 150 yds in back to back games in 2015 then, Lauvao for hurt - replaced by Long - and then Kory got hurt - replaced by Leribus - and all of a sudden we couldn't  run the ball anymore.

We have replaced orakpo Preston smith basically doing what orakpo does but with some potential upside . Even so Ryan Anderson gonna be a stud if he stays healthy .

orakpo overrated but I'll give him some credit he does avg more than 6 sacks a year

10 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

No one shuts down aj green or Julio Jones at all . 

Breeland nearly shut down AJ Green except for one diving catch that Green made on a perfect ball that Breeland had great coverage on too. Breeland seems like the guy will be helped the most by the more aggressive style of defense we are playing. He's good when he's pressing & jamming WRs, struggles in off coverage. He's been staying in wrs hip pockets well. 

10 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

We have replaced orakpo Preston smith basically doing what orakpo does but with some potential upside . Even so Ryan Anderson gonna be a stud if he stays healthy .

orakpo overrated but I'll give him some credit he does avg more than 6 sacks a year

Smith got 8 sacks against mostly back up LTs in 2015. Everyone knows he struggled with consistency in his first two years, that's why Doc calls him nancy.

Orakpo isn't overrated by people who say what he truly is, which is a good but not elite pass rusher. People who think he's overrated are those like yourself who've always expected him to be some 15-20 sack guy every year. There's nothing wrong with having a speed pass rusher who can get you 9 to 10 sacks a year against good to elite LTs.

If Orakpo hadn't had his pec injuries, he'd probably still be here and we wouldn't spent 3 second round picks trying to replace him since we let him go.

12 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I think he was a 5th round pick. I will say he's got great technique and intelligence which has allowed him to become a great player.

34 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think he was a 5th round pick. I will say he's got great technique and intelligence which has allowed him to become a great player.

I agree!!! He's very smart and he plays with a chip. I think we knock him because he is our best and teams do test him but the guy makes plays!!! I'm glad he's a Redskin we need more like him!!!

22 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I agree!!! He's very smart and he plays with a chip. I think we knock him because he is our best and teams do test him but the guy makes plays!!! I'm glad he's a Redskin we need more like him!!!

Yeah, I have a tendency to critique our best players harder because I expect more out of them . 

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I have a tendency to critique our best players harder because I expect more out of them . 

I understand that. As do I. But I also understand if we had better prices like them around them we really do have some players who are special. Josh to me is one of those plyers

Archived