Gophers World Mafia, Rags & The Mother Aligned have Won!

Just now, Matts4313 said:

When Malf tried to lynch you, you were all "Cool, ya, no whatever. You are wrong, but its no biggie". You knew it wasnt a real threat.

Wait, what? I was criticized n5/n6 for too vigorously defending myself. That doesn't track at all. Go back and read those days. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Let's remember what I said yesterday, and reiterated today....

my pardon had to be done before the final VC. The VC was locked. I couldn't have made the move had I wanted to or if I had it. 

Nobody believes anyone. We all think you have a pardon, none of us believe that:

1. You have already used it

2. You would have to use it blindly. And that is exactly what you are suggesting. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Nobody believes anyone. We all think you have a pardon, none of us believe that:

1. You have already used it

2. You would have to use it blindly. And that is exactly what you are suggesting. 

You're wrong. you'll see. Lots of things will make sense tonight. 

I'll say this, because I really need to get back to work....

You're in the ballpark, except you're at the wrong one. 

13 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I don't care if you all would rather let your game deficiencies slip into obscurity.  I especially don't give a **** what any of those people in particular said.  If I'm so obviously wrong in my assessment, you should be able to refute it based upon the game -- rather than cry about how I'm a bully, illegitimate son of Hitler, or whatever else.  Particularly when at least two of these complaints have clear gamesmanship motivations for scum.

If it's relevant to the game, it is fair ******* game

If you are basing your view of the game on a series of alleged facts incompatible with the posture of the game, otherwise omitting critical context, or would simply rather all circle jerk and randomly guess instead of engaging in any type of analysis to increase the likelihood of success, then you deserve to be called out on it.

That is Mafia.  That is the game.  My failures and errors do not slip into obscurity, nor do I attempt to make them do so.

So, sorry for offending the delicate sensitivities of players.  Don't worry, I promise this is my last game for a while.

Look man, I have had plenty of people call me an arsehole in mafia, so I can relate. But giving it 3 seconds and typing this up wasnt really reflection was it? 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Look man, I have had plenty of people call me an arsehole in mafia, so I can relate. But giving it 3 seconds and typing this up wasnt really reflection was it? 

I don’t need a consolidated list to reflect upon what people have said to me.

The catalyst for these interactions are the categories I outlined.  If people acknowledge an error or flaw, rather than performing mental gymnastics to justify it, I move on probably 70% of the time, or at least tone down the inflammatory rhetoric.

What you all are complaining about is literally the substance of the game.  Town has to rely upon each other.  If you see suspect behavior or inaccurate portrayals, it is in the Town’s best interest to point them out.

Not get upset and cry because someone is playing the game and you stubbornly maintain a nonsensical posture because you’ve committed to it and don’t want to let someone tell you you’re wrong.  Then when they tell you that you’re clueless or detrimental because you’re being unreasonable, have a good meltdown and cry.

1 hour ago, SwAg said:

>Sign up for a game of deception, persuasion, and rhetoric.

>Think you're above the fundamental principles of the game.

Not sure who you are talking about. If it's me, I can assure you that is definitely not what I think. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Hell, you went so far as to thank Swag. Who does that? Someone trying to gain sympathy with the loudest guy in the room. Thats who. 

Again, logic doesn't track here. You are the one with the hit. What pity I would obtain with Swag is completely irrelevant. I really just appreciate that he's still fighting at the end and this means something to him. Nothing I do with Swag matters one iota. You would be the person I would have to convince. 

20 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Did forge really claim the lawyer has a pardon? C'mon man you're better than that. 

Funny how nobody had a problem with it yesterday when I used it to (correctly) out VMD. 

Secondarily, what other ability would I have, just out of curiosity? 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Funny how nobody had a problem with it yesterday when I used it to (correctly) out VMD. 

Secondarily, what other ability would I have, just out of curiosity? 

You're a lawyer, could be anything. Investigations, roleblocks, drunken kung fu, protection. 

I'm still thinking you're non-town and just became vanilla. 

1 minute ago, DingoLadd said:

You're a lawyer, could be anything. Investigations, roleblocks, drunken kung fu, protection. 

I'm still thinking you're non-town and just became vanilla. 

I wish it was drunken kung fu....that would have been awesome. 

If I'm non-town and vanilla, kind of blows up the theory that I missed a move last night, and this whole thing was a ploy to get VMD pardoned. It's weird how everyone is coming after me with theories that directly contradict one another. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wish it was drunken kung fu....that would have been awesome. 

If I'm non-town and vanilla, kind of blows up the theory that I missed a move last night, and this whole thing was a ploy to get VMD pardoned. It's weird how everyone is coming after me with theories that directly contradict one another. 

That is rule 2 of mafia, arughing about which one is correct until it's revealed none of them are and everyone is scum. 

I don't think you can Pardon or had any abilities last night I'm just trying to hold onto the hope that the lawyer is mafia because that is core to my mafia being.

You're probably town, you might be a convert, you might be the mother and have played us all for fools because VMD might not want to admit he's the lawyer and would rather not get lynched because of that role.

Archived