Pete’s GM Mock Draft- DRAFT HAS BEGUN

EaglesPeteC

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I think forfeited picks should be removed.  Too much details in small fonts in workbook.  Lazy people or people who are in hurry may call wrong GM for OTC.

We can increase the font size if it's a problem.  Just figured that could be done on the viewing end, but I don't mind increasing it to 9 or 10.

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

We can increase the font size if it's a problem.  Just figured that could be done on the viewing end, but I don't mind increasing it to 9 or 10.

or you can color or dim font in those rows where said forfeited pick.

Just now, JetsandI said:

those prospect rankings are copied off what site?

I pulled them from nfldraftscout several weeks ago.

Not a fan of the site but at the time it was pulled it was the easiest place to copy and paste from.

10 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I pulled them from nfldraftscout several weeks ago.

Not a fan of the site but at the time it was pulled it was the easiest place to copy and paste from.

Ah.. that site is dead.   cbssports' ranking is ridiculously different from "your" ranking. That makes it difficult to recognize BPA in general as I would like to play BPA strategy off yours.  Because of your live section, it is difficult to follow up the prospects. Oh well, I get to figure out how to switch from landscape to portrait for my monitor. 

8 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Ah.. that site is dead.   cbssports' ranking is ridiculously different from "your" ranking. That makes it difficult to recognize BPA in general as I would like to play BPA strategy off yours.  Because of your live section, it is difficult to follow up the prospects. Oh well, I get to figure out how to switch from landscape to portrait for my monitor. 

I used cbssports in the past but I think it was a couple years ago, that site didn't even have a decent list, even contacting the site to ask about it and got no response.  So I was forced to find another site that listed out the players in a way to make it easy to copy and paste.  It looks like I'll have to find another site now that it is down.  They make it hard to steal a draft prospects list that doesn't take hours / days to copy over.

I wanna say years ago that cbs used nfldraftscout to collect their listing which worked out great, because I could copy and paste the entire list.  Not sure who they use no or if they are running their own system, but last time I looked it was impossible to pull the list over without running into problems with the format.

Use whichever site you prefer, the real purpose of this workbook, is to show you which players have been selected already so we don't run into teams selecting a player that has already been selected.  I don't think anyone used the order of the players in that list I posted as a product for finding bpa. 

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I used cbssports in the past but I think it was a couple years ago, that site didn't even have a decent list, even contacting the site to ask about it and go no response.  So I was forced to find another site that listed out the players in a way to make it easy to copy and paste.  It looks like I'll have to find another site now that it is down.  They make it hard to steal a draft prospects list that doesn't take hours / days to copy over.

Have you tried GBN?

Portrait works beautifully but it requires a few steps to get it done.  Zooming down the view seems the best option for me.

8 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

There are 2000 plus draft prospects.  Granted only 256 are selected and then we have the udfa.  Most end up never playing in the league.

Yeah, that is good thing it was the copy/paste-able material otherwise you had to figure out which 500+ prospects who may be worthy of adding to the ranking. lol

So when the draft tentatively starts?

31 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah, that is good thing it was the copy/paste-able material otherwise you had to figure out which 500+ prospects who may be worthy of adding to the ranking. lol

So when the draft tentatively starts?

I’m thinking mid next week. We still need to fill 3 teams and want to give a couple days for people to start working trades. 

Archived