The Browns released Joe Haden!!!

TruSkinsFan

2 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

The Browns Front office doesn't care-glad to have him off their payroll.math_formula_4.jpg

Their equation above  shows his contribution to incremental wins is almost nonexistent. Thereby his contract is over valued by traditional football metrics.  

The countervailing point of view expressed by John Anthony is that The Browns with Joe Haden playing are worth an additional 2.5 points when temperatures are within 10% of the norm for the date of the game,  when the humidity is below 45.6% and playing on a natural field, but when playing in a domes stadium on the third Sunday of the month that rises to 3 points. 

Solid joke.  The sad thing is that the Browns front office at least has a plan.  The Redskins?  Not so much.  

Just now, turtle28 said:

The plan is the plan. You'll see the plan... Well we heard that 3 offseasons ago. 

Okay, so they didn't like McCloughan's plan. Fair enough.

What's the plan now?

Just now, turtle28 said:

"Well our last two first round draft picks we took a guard at number 5 and a wide receiver who's yet to play." Jay Gruden

Something different than that!

So ... you who have been one of the biggest proponents of taking Scherff over Williams is now agreeing that was a mistake? And a guy who got injured in camp in his rookie season?

That's two negatives. That's not a plan.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

So ... you who have been one of the biggest proponents of taking Scherff over Williams is now agreeing that was a mistake? And a guy who got injured in camp in his rookie season?

That's two negatives. That's not a plan.

I wasn't a promoter of taking Scherff over WIlliams, if I had the #1 pick I would have taken Williams in the draft. I have justified the selection of Scherff though because it did help our OL. I still don't agree with McCloughan that Scherff was the BPA. I just can't believe he continues to say that.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I wasn't a promoter of taking Scherff over WIlliams, if I had the #1 pick I would have taken Williams in the draft. I have justified the selection of Scherff though because it did help our OL. I still don't agree with McCloughan that Scherff was the BPA. I just can't believe he continues to say that.

Okay ... I will take you at your word on that front ...

Still, saying "not that!" is not a plan. Especially when it focuses on just two players, one of whom was hurt and rushed back by the coach who is running him down.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Okay ... I will take you at your word on that front ...

Still, saying "not that!" is not a plan. Especially when it focuses on just two players, one of whom was hurt and rushed back by the coach who is running him down.

Well I was just trying to be by funny by using Gruden's quote. Scot missed on other things and hit on mid round picks and udfa's/street free agents which we haven't seen around these parts since the one year we had Marty. I never once thought McCloughan would be gone after 2 years, I thought he'd get 4 or 5 to build us into a contender. It's a shame he's gone but it is what it is. 

Maybe when I drive by Snyder's house on my way to my parents house tomorrow evening I throw a Molotov cocktail over his gate! Lol ? 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Oh come on.  I could go back and copy/paste a million posts from the old forum that state otherwise.  

17 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Oh come on.  I could go back and copy/paste a million posts from the old forum that state otherwise.  

I said over and over that I would have taken Williams but at the same time I said Scherff was a good player and if he turned into a pro bowler his whole career and a OG like Hutchinson or Faneca that we should be satisfied. 

That is the definition of not agreeing with the selection but justifying it.

Any person who's been on this board since 2014 should know how much I wanted Leonard Williams. He was my #1, #1 in the 2015 draft.

Now Dante Fowler... ehh, not so much! Give me Vic Beasley and Shane Ray 100 times out of 100! ?;)

Archived