Bears 2019 preseason schedule

soulman

The Chicago Bears 2019 preseason schedule

ByMatt Eurich 58 minutes ago

The Chicago Bears now know who they will be playing during the 2019 preseason.

It was announced on Tuesday the Bears will be hosting the Carolina Panthers (August 8-11) to begin the preseason before getting on the road and playing the New York Giants (August 15-18). Chicago will play the third preseason game against the Indianapolis Colts on the road sometime between August 22 and August 25. Lastly, the team will close out the preseason at home against the Tennessee Titans on August 29.

The dates and times have not been made official.

14 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Can't wait to hear and see everyone overreact to the starters sitting again. Imagine if they had played in that KC preseason game last year. Parkey would've been so much better!

It's because they did something different from norm.  Everybody plays that game with starters so when Bears didn't of course it was wrong and crazy.  

To me pre season is a disaster if a key player gets lost for season.  You have to take some risk to prepare for football, but I would keep that to a bare minimum and do most of that live work in controlled environment of my own practices or dual practices with another team with a quick whistle.  

I don't want to overly expose my starters to guys completely outside my control during meaningless reps.

Bears starters are really good.  But back ups at a lot of positions aren't so much.   A healthy Bears team is a legit SB contender in my opinion.   Key injuries and all that goes out window.

I don't even play Mack in preseason games.   MT very little just for rhythm purposes.   You just can't afford to lose those guys.  That's a season changer perhaps a killer.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

It's because they did something different from norm.  Everybody plays that game with starters so when Bears didn't of course it was wrong and crazy.  

To me pre season is a disaster if a key player gets lost for season.  You have to take some risk to prepare for football, but I would keep that to a bare minimum and do most of that live work in controlled environment of my own practices or dual practices with another team with a quick whistle.  

I don't want to overly expose my starters to guys completely outside my control during meaningless reps.

Bears starters are really good.  But back ups at a lot of positions aren't so much.   A healthy Bears team is a legit SB contender in my opinion.   Key injuries and all that goes out window.

I don't even play Mack in preseason games.   MT very little just for rhythm purposes.   You just can't afford to lose those guys.  That's a season changer perhaps a killer.

Except the year before, McVay didn't play anyone in the preseason and a few other teams did the same... and last year, about 10 other teams did the same thing as the Bears, so it really wasn't all that out of the ordinary.

So the two games where starters MAY play are the two not in Chicago. As a guy with kids who would love to go to a preseason game that really sucks. League should adjust and mandate that each team gets at least one of those weeks at home, especially if STH are going to be mandated to buy preseason games with their package. 

Archived