Quinn is a wuss

Millenhater

Let me get this out of the way.  I like Hockenson.  He was a top 10 player on my board.  Having said that there is such a thing as value.  A good pass rusher/disrupter is far more valuable than a great TE.  There's a reason that we backed the brinks truck up to Trey Flowers' house and the highest paid TE in the league only makes a fraction of that money.  I think Hock is going to start and it means that we HAVE play 12 personal on like 80% of our snaps or this pick really isn't as valuable.

Part of me likes the thought of going grind it out and think he will help a great deal.  I just would have preferred Oliver and the chance to have a dominant D.  But I think Quinn simply likes high floor, high character guys.  And I get why that is important especially when you are trying to get guys to buy into the new Patricia culture or whatever but again if you find yourself in the top 10 you need to pick bigger impact player/positions, but that's just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

His vision of the team fits perfectly with the Fords vision. Have a bunch of great guys. Put character first, scheme fits second, raw impact and talent last.

I'm just bracing for them to pass on Greedy William's again and take another super great locker room guy at guard or maybe slot receiver 

Don't even think it into existence.  But seriously prepare for it.  I really like Greedy.  I think he is going to be a stud and he would be the perfect number two for us. 

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I think you make some valid points but a part of that had to be because of Ebron not being trusty vs Stafford not wanting to throw to the TE. Drops were a part of Ebron's MO coming into the league and it was a part of his deal while he was here as a Lion. I think Stafford didn't trust he would make the catch and looked for a guy he had more faith in making the catch.

At least Hockenson is coming into the league with a 70% completion percentage

A good qb makes guys better.. not pull off a guy bc of drops.. Calvin dropped it to but he kept chucking it up to him.. 

I think a lot of it is he knows he's not the most accurate so why risk things in the middle of the field become a lot of tipped around passes rocket throws with no touch

You ever notice once Stafford gets intercepted he plays better...

4 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

A good qb makes guys better.. not pull off a guy bc of drops.. Calvin dropped it to but he kept chucking it up to him.. 

I think a lot of it is he knows he's not the most accurate so why risk things in the middle of the field become a lot of tipped around passes rocket throws with no touch

You ever notice once Stafford gets intercepted he plays better...

Aaron Rodgers completely ignores guys for running the play the coach called when he thinks it should be different. I don't put Calvin and Ebron in the same category.

5 hours ago, Millenhater said:

Don't even think it into existence.  But seriously prepare for it.  I really like Greedy.  I think he is going to be a stud and he would be the perfect number two for us. 

Hes allergic to tackling, hence his fall.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

Watched bq press conference about the 2nd and 3rd picks...

This dude talked about scouting other teams to see who they bring in for visits and he said extensive 

Yet he keeps over drafting guys... And idt he's seeing it..... 

They have a framework of the type of player that they want who works in the defense they want to run. Now with the Titans and Dolphins in the mix as pure NE disciples, there is more competition for these types of players. If he's your guy, you just have to take him otherwise you risk losing him.

I actually feel more confident about the selection after the press conference than I did before. This reminds me of when we were all freaking out over who the heck Kenny Golladay was and he'd be available in the 4th or 5th rounds, etc. Then we start to hear that other teams were keying in on him and now he's our top WR on the team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

They have a framework of the type of player that they want who works in the defense they want to run. Now with the Titans and Dolphins in the mix as pure NE disciples, there is more competition for these types of players. If he's your guy, you just have to take him otherwise you risk losing him.

I actually feel more confident about the selection after the press conference than I did before. This reminds me of when we were all freaking out over who the heck Kenny Golladay was and he'd be available in the 4th or 5th rounds, etc. Then we start to hear that other teams were keying in on him and now he's our top WR on the team.

I agree. 

Even Frank Ragnow to certain extent was not good enough.

Hand in a trade up including a third RD pick the following year... what is BQ thinking?

Decker (many thought the value sucked), Ragnow (same), Tracey Walker, etc.

Has Quinn hit on everything.. of course not, no one does.

All that said, the point is that he has pick quite a few guys that us fans thought were reaches.. most of them have turned out to be pretty good players. Let it play out some instead making all these snap judgements.

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

That is just not how you draft imo

Your not always gonna get ur guy.. unless you reach or trade.. dude just had shoulder surgery and a lot of his tackles are drag down.. dudes acting like this is Ray Lewis... And some ppl around here do know who he is and went through games.. let's quit acting like everyone is dumb on the guy....... golladay too... I'm not fn just sitting here to watch this draft not knowing the fn ppl in it

There was no back up plan.... none of these lb are comparable......... I think they have no fn clue what value is

I don't even want to think what I coulda traded that pick for.... 

18 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

Your not always gonna get ur guy.. unless you reach or trade.. dude just had shoulder surgery and a lot of his tackles are drag down.. dudes acting like this is Ray Lewis... And some ppl around here do know who he is and went through games.. let's quit acting like everyone is dumb on the guy....... golladay too... I'm not fn just sitting here to watch this draft not knowing the fn ppl in it

There was no back up plan.... none of these lb are comparable......... I think they have no fn clue what value is

I understand that you personally did not enjoy the draft because of the selections, but dont you think that everyone including you are over reacting a bit? Just because this kid wasnt the "prospect" Ray Lewis was doesnt mean this cant still be a very good pick. There have been countless players through the years that were a reach on draft day, but go on to be very good players.

Give it some time is all I am saying.

18 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

The Lions FO have been working on this guy since October, have a team of people who know what the Lions want and all have real consequences involved if this is a busted pick in getting fired.

He's not going to be Ray Lewis but it sounds like they have him in mind to be Dont'a Hightower... which would be a pretty solid addition to the defense if that is the case.

The only times that I've seen his name were a) running through mock simulators and seeing his name in a list of available guys and b) the Lions visits/workouts.

The Lions had a late round 3 pick. If the Patriots were sniffing around Tavai, there was no chance he was going to be there for us in rd 3 with the plethora of picks they had. Sometimes you just need to get the guy that you think can be a difference maker for you. That's why teams will sometimes trade up one or two spots when they might need to.

On 4/28/2019 at 12:44 PM, Karnage84 said:

The Lions FO have been working on this guy since October, have a team of people who know what the Lions want and all have real consequences involved if this is a busted pick in getting fired.

He's not going to be Ray Lewis but it sounds like they have him in mind to be Dont'a Hightower... which would be a pretty solid addition to the defense if that is the case.

The only times that I've seen his name were a) running through mock simulators and seeing his name in a list of available guys and b) the Lions visits/workouts.

The Lions had a late round 3 pick. If the Patriots were sniffing around Tavai, there was no chance he was going to be there for us in rd 3 with the plethora of picks they had. Sometimes you just need to get the guy that you think can be a difference maker for you. That's why teams will sometimes trade up one or two spots when they might need to.

Man yall keep letting the patriots troll u

How about we just let them draft for us.. bc they draft so well...........is this guy that big a fn deal to miss out on......how many picks did we have? Bc if feels like how many ever picks we had he only had that many players in mind no matter who fell... And I wanna know what you think he needs to do to receive the value of this pick... u could of probably flipped that pick for a fringe pro bowl lb shoot I'm about 100% that ne would of gave u Hightower for that 2nd pick....wtf..... I know u coulda gotten a pretty good guard... them first two rds are poor value period a monkey coulda got more out of them picks