#1 Golden St Warriors vs #4 Houston Rockets | 2019 West Semifinals

Texansfan713

The 76ers scare me a little. 

The bucks are good but their entire defensive strategy involves leaving rockets shooters wide open. We shot something like 4 for 17 on uncontested 3s against them. I wouldn’t expect that to continue. 

Raptors don’t scare me. They might lock us down as well as golden state but don’t have near the fire power. 

Ideally id prefer the nuggets then raptors but I kinda feel like if we beat the warriors we will have a big let down emotionally 

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The 76ers scare me a little. 

The bucks are good but their entire defensive strategy involves leaving rockets shooters wide open. We shot something like 4 for 17 on uncontested 3s against them. I wouldn’t expect that to continue. 

Raptors don’t scare me. They might lock us down as well as golden state but don’t have near the fire power. 

Ideally id prefer the nuggets then raptors but I kinda feel like if we beat the warriors we will have a big let down emotionally 

No need to worry about then. Dubs in 6!!

6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

tonight should be fun. If the warriors lose tonight, they are finished. 

I expect 100% effort and focus tonight, so its going to be tough for the rockets. 

Rockets best bet is to win game 6 and force a game 7

Honestly, I see this ending in 6 games either way. Don't see it going 7. The team that wins today is ending it on Friday. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, I see this ending in 6 games either way. Don't see it going 7. The team that wins today is ending it on Friday. 

I think its a must win for the warriors tonight. I dont see anyway they lose at home and then come on the road and beat us on Friday. I can see the Rockets pushing it to 7 games if we lose tonight. We've played 2 must win games already this series, the warriors have played 2 must win games in 3 years. 

I think we will know everything we need to know by the end of the 1st quarter tonight. If the warriors just come out and blitz the Rockets and put some 35-40 points on the board, the series is over. If the Rockets can win or keep this one under 10, then there's a good chance game 6 is really competitive. 

This has been such an interesting series. Both teams could easily be up 3-1 right now and neither team feels like its had its best game yet. Lots of points can be made

1. The warriors starting the death line up in game 1 changed the series
2. Austin Rivers has been really good for the rockets, and his missing game 1 had more impact than anyone will ever know
3. Blood Eye Harden is the best version of Harden
4. Curry(26%) and Thompson(30%) have struggled shooting 3s, and you know the dam is going to break at some point
5. Chris Paul, Eric Gordon, and James Harden are also all shooting below normal averages from 3 point range
6. The team that wins the rebounding battle has won all 4 games
7. Both teams have taken almost the same number of free throws and been called for nearly the same number of fouls
8. The warriors starters have played more minutes than the rockets starters. 
9. Harden is averaging 35.8 points 5 assists 7.3 rebounds vs Durant who is averaging 36 points 5 rebounds 4.5 assists. Its been an epic battle
10. Eric Gordon is having the series of his career. 

The warriors have to still be considered a heavy favorite, but the rockets have a chance. Some favorable bounces or calls could shift the entire series with tonights game. 

So far the home teams have won game 5 in blow outs, so that is definitely a possibility. 

This series obviously means more to the rockets and the legacies of Harden and CP3 especially. 

one fact I do know, fans of Denver, Portland, Milwaukee, Boston, Philly and Toronto are all cheering for the Rockets to pull this one out. 

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

xD at anyone that thinks tonight is a must win for Golden State.

Close to it. I don't see them in back to back years going down 3-2 and coming back against this team. Rockets will end it in 6 if the Dubs lose today.

Archived