The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Phire

On 12/12/2019 at 7:46 AM, SBLIII said:

Sims decommits. Likely headed to Georgia Tech. Wasn't deemed as a fit whatever that means. Instead FSU will likely get USF commit Rodemaker out of Georgia.

And Adam Fuller announced as DC.

I see where the new regime has offered 2 other 4* QBs in Chubba Purdy (Louisville commit) and Robby Ashford (Ole Miss decommit), and got them both in for an official visit this week.  Purdy especially would be quite the coup.  Not gonna hold my breath, but that would be sweet.

15 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Next week should be fun. I still expect a pretty decent class.

should still end up around #15. Lots of top classes will be near full after the early signing period and FSU will likely sign around 25. I would expect

1 QB 

2 RB

2 WR

2 OL

2 DL

1 LB

2 DB

being added to this class.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Pretty happy right now with Norvell's first class. 2 QB have committed and we've gotten some lineman that should eventually get us back to respectability on offense.

The flip of Purdy is really effing impressive.  This staff has been on the job for 9 days and was able to reel in a QB of Purdy's caliber without strong ties to him beforehand?  I can't wait to see what these guys can do with a full season to recruit.

• Like 2

On 14.12.2019 at 1:46 PM, SBLIII said:

should still end up around #15. Lots of top classes will be near full after the early signing period and FSU will likely sign around 25. I would expect

1 QB check

2 RB

2 WR check

2 OL

2 DL 1 check

1 LB

2 DB

being added to this class.

7-8 additions still to come if enough quality prospects allow it.

RB and trench recruiting will be the major emphasis until NSD. Good thing FSU will have its full staff in place very soon.

First transfer is DE Jarrett Jackson from Louisville. I would also expect 7-8 transfer additions throughout the offseason.

• Like 1

staff additions so far

OC/QB: Kenny Dillingham (Auburn)

WR: Ron Dugans

TE: Chris Thomsen (TCU)

OL: Alex Atkins (Charlotte)

DC: Adam Fuller (Memphis)

DT: Odell Haggins

DE/ST: John Papuchis (Maryland)

LB: Chris Marve (Mississippi State)

RB and DB coaches still TBD.

RB is between Telly Lockette and David Johnson (Tennessee)

DB is between Marcus Woodson (Auburn), Terrell Buckley (Mississippi State) and TJ Rushing (Memphis)

19 hours ago, TENINCH said:

I hope we are able to add some more offensive lineman during the signing period.

I would expect 1-2 HS OL, 1 Juco OL and a couple grad transfers as additions. I like what they have in Darius Washington and Dontae Lucas going forward however the other 3 positions and depth need upgrades.

On 29.12.2019 at 1:52 AM, SBLIII said:

- announced DB coach, S&C coach and a couple other support staff members.

- Received transfer commitments from OT Devontay Taylor and RB Jashaun Corbin

Hearing some rumors about some major players coming back but we'll see about that.

Terry is returning to school. There should be another one also.