Bucs sign Ndamukong Suh 1 year deal

49erurtaza

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:36 PM, El ramster said:

He's going to give zero effort all year lol. Specially for a non playoff team.. 

That's what they call giving a "professional effort"

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:38 PM, Buc Ball said:

I don’t think so. McCoy drifts in and out of games and tends to make his plays at non crucial moments. He’s also noticeably declined in the last few seasons.

I can think of a handful of games in nine seasons where McCoy has made a play when it’s mattered, such as late in Q4.

From a leadership perspective, it’s not really McCoy’s thing either. He was put into that role when he was drafted and it was never really for him. There’s been numerous examples throughout his career that demonstrate he’s a terrible leader and I’d argue that, whilst being the best 3 tech in the league at his peak, he never really made the players around him better.

Overall, we got a guy who was being paid significantly more than his worth off of the roster and cleared the default leader of the defence out of the way. We now need a new leader to step up and hope they set a positive example and hold their teammates accountable, while not doing stupid stuff, like celebrating a sack whilst down by 3 scores.

I’m fairly meh on the Suh signing, but he brings an attitude to a defence that’s been sorely lacking an enforcer type for over a decade. 

What was he supposed to do?, he was the only impact player on his defensive line for the majority of his career, that is a heavy burden to shoulder. The only other person as a non-Bucs fan I can think of that was an impact player was/is Lavonte David, what you call him being a "terrible leader" could have easily have been him being frustrated at the lack of talent around him vs the effort he had to exert in order for a play to be made (but you perceive it as being a terrible leader). That's your front office's fault 

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1