MLB the Show: Franchise. *Remember to turn off Auto-Save...

biggio7

Well until we get that settled and figured out, here are the Standings and some stats from the 1st month of the season!

AL East: Rays 15-15; Red Sox 15-16; Yankees 13-16; O's 12-19; Blue Jays 11-18
AL Central: Tigers 18-12; Royals 17-13; Twins 16-12; White Sox 15-14; Indians 9-19
AL West: Astros 19-11; A's 20-13; Mariners 17-15; Angels 15-16; Rangers 14-15

NL East: Mets 18-11; Braves 17-13; Phillies 15-14; Nationals 13-15; Marlins 12-17
NL Central: Pirates 18-10; Cardinals 14-15; Reds 13-17; Cubs 12-16; Brewers 13-18
NL West: Padres 18-12; Rockies 18-13; Giants 14-16; Dodgers 14-18; Diamondbacks 12-18

Astros leading the charge throughout April. It really was surprising to see considering the lack of star power on this team but it does consist of just some solid baseball players. I tried to balance out the team between youngsters, mid-tiered, and veterans. They are only sitting at a +14 run differential and with 8 games over .500, that shows the sort of luck they had in the beginning of the season. But, for team rankings, we are top five in fielding percentage and ERA, also we hit into the fewest amount of double plays so far. In looking at individuals, . George Springers leads the team with 41 hits,  9 HRs, and 22 RBIs. Springer and Lindor lead with 4 steals a piece. Bo Bichette leads the team (unqualified) with a .413 batting average. 19 hits in 46 at bats. Springer also holds a 1.9 WAR.

Pitching side; Scherzer, McCullers, Suster, Sabathia all have 3 wins. McCullers has the lowest starter ERA at 3.38. Our bullpen has been stellar to start the year. Only Colin Poche has an ERA over 3 in the pen. We have 2 blown saves the whole month. 14 holds and 13 saves.

Minor League standouts: Nothing much going on here with my minor players struggling a bit;
AAA- Jake Cronenworth is hitting .280, 5 HRs, 14 RBIs, 4 Steals
AA- Jake McCarthy is hitting .337, 1 HR, 6 RBIs, 2 steals

Around the majors: *League Leaders*

Josh Reddick is hitting .391
Keston Hiura has 46 hits
Bryce Harper and Matt Olson each have 12 HRs
David Peralta has 32 RBIs
Jarrod Dyson has 15 steals
Eric Hosmer has a 1.230 OPS
Jacob deGrom has 6 wins (Too bad you kill the win people!)
Nate Jones has 13 saves
Anthony DeSclafani has an ERA of 0.99 (In Colorado lol)
Chris Sale and Cole Hamels each have 2 shutouts
Jacob deGrom has 58 strikeouts
Trevor Bauer has a 1.7 WAR, Chris Sale 1.5, Jacob deGrom 1.5, Cole Hamels 1.5
Mike Trout has a 2.2 WAR, Josh Reddick 2.1, Eric Hosmer 2.0, Andrelton Simmons 2.0

Players of the Month:
AL Pitcher - Chad Kuhl 5-0, 12 games, 2.02 ERA, 29 Ks
Hitter- David Peralta, 92 ABs, .359 avg, 8 HR, 28 RBI
Rook- 119 ABs, .387 avg, 1 HR, 9 RBI

NL Pitcher - Jacob deGrom 6-0, 2.75 ERA, 46 Ks
Hitter - Eric Hosmer, 89 ABs, .360 avg, 11 Hr, 25 RBI
Rook- Vlad Guerrero Jr. 106 ABs, .321 avg, 5 HR, 19 RBI

• Like 1

Are you simming all these games? Fast forwarding through some? I’ll be following this when i have time.

The Show has gotten kinda boring for me, was never really a big RTTS guy so I’m always starting up a franchise. Seems like I just Get way to sim-happy waiting for the prospects to be legit and just get bored easily. 

Have not done a draft In awhile though. But when I do I always Think it’ll be fun but then play a handful of games and end up just going back to real rosters. Sometimes sim stats are really stupid too. 

• Like 1

@holt_bruce81 Yeah, I'm simming these games. I'm simming the whole first year but then playing the second. I'm sure I'll mix in some sims here and there too. RTTS is better this year and I played a little of that. I enjoy doing both draft and real rosters. I wish they could adjust real rosters during the season with importing players. It would make it so much better so you didn't have to restart the franchise constantly.

After flipping through May here are how things are looking:

AL East: Rays 33-24; Red Sox 30-29; Orioles 30-29; Blue Jays 25-32; Yankees 23-35;
AL Central: Royals 36-21;Tigers 34-23;; White Sox 31-28 ; Twins 29-27; Indians 19-38
AL West: Athletics 34-25; Astros 31-27; Angels 28-30 ; Rangers 26-30 ; Mariners 27-33

NL East: Braves 34-24;  Mets 30-28; Phillies 29-28; Nationals 26-31; Marlins 25-31
NL Central: Pirates 33-23 ; Cubs 30-26;  Cardinals 29-27; Reds 29-28; ; Brewers 25-33
NL West: Padres 34-23; Rockies 29-29; Giants 27-30; Dodgers 24-34; Diamondbacks 22-36

It was a rough month in May. I think that they started to play back to their form with some luck running out. Team leaders: George Springer leads with 60 hits, 11 HRs (only hit 2 in May). Lindor and Springer each have 28 RBIs. McCullers is 6-1 with a 2.29 ERA and 71 Ks. Jason Kipnis was injured on May 15th with a shoulder tear and will be out a few months. Tim Lopes was called up and has 1 hit in 19 ABs.

Along with the lack of hitting in May, the bullpen has 5 blown saves compared to 2 in April. Our starters are doing well enough but Scherzer is getting knocked around. It's been a bit lackluster for the minors too. Nobody knew to report doing much of anything in AAA or AA. Hopefully, they will all start to get on track but I do like seeing the direction the guys are headed and I can hope that their developments continue to increase.

Around the league:

Eric Hosmer is hitting .380
Endre Inciarte has 84 hits
Mike Trout has 23 HRs
Jose Martinez has 60 RBIs

Jarrod Dyson and Trea Turner each have 25 steals
Eric Hosmer OPS is 1.144
Chris Sale, Shane Bieber, Justin Verlander, Marco Gonzales all have 8 wins
Roberto Osuna and Josh Hader each have 21 saves
Cole Hamels ERA is 1.78
Trevor Bauer leas with 103 Ks
Trevor Bauer has a 3.2 WAR
Mike Trout has a 4.5 WAR

AL Players of the Month: Justin Verlander, Rafael Devers, and Pete Alonso
NL Players of the Month: Kyle Hendricks, Mike Trout, and Tyler Thornton

June flew by in the blink of an eye with so much going on including the draft! I'll admit, I wasn't as invested in this draft as I will be in the ones for the future because I was simming. I still will give my guys prospects to watch/scout but I mostly leave it up for the autoness. The scouting is pretty lame on the Show and it's a bummer.

AL East: Rays 49-36; Red Sox 47-38; Orioles 45-40; Blue Jays 37-47 ; Yankees 38-46;
AL Central: Royals 53-31;Tigers 43-39;; White Sox 43-40 ; Twins 40-43; Indians 30-53
AL West: Athletics 47-39; Astros 46-39; Angels 41-44 ; Rangers 40-44 ; Mariners 39-49

NL East: Braves 48-38; Marlins 45-38;  Mets 41-45; Phillies 41-44; Nationals 39-45;  *Marlins went 20-7* in June
NL Central: Pirates 46-36;Reds 45-37   ;  Cubs 42-42;  Cardinals 41-42;; ; Brewers 36-48
NL West: Padres 47-36; Rockies 47-39 ; Giants 40-44 ; Dodgers 38-48 ; Diamondbacks 31-55

League Leaders:

Eric Hosmer is hitting .358
Ender Inciarte has 113 hits
Mike Trout has 29 HRs
Jose Martinez has 76 RBIs
Mike Trout has 68 runs
Trea Turner and Jarrod Dyson each have 33 steals
David Peralta has a 1.093 OPS
Justin Verlander has 12 wins
Roberto Osuna has 29 saves
Cole Hamels ERA is 1.92
Chris Sale and Jacob deGrom each have 137 Ks
Trevor Bauer has a WAR of 3.8
Mike Trout has a WAR of 6.8 (Good grief!)

MLB Draft:

1st- John Orr, 1B, HS - 86 potential
2nd- Domingo Rodriguez, SS, HS - 84 potential
2nd (comp) - Rich Castilla, RP, - 75 potential
3rd- Pablo Valdez, SS, HS - 68 potential
4th- Clyde Quinones, P, HS - 72 potential
5th- Cyrus Martin, P, HS - 91 potential
6th- Omar Cordero, 18, RF - 69 potential

Not much Star power in this draft class after looking around the league.

Edited by biggio7
Draft

Trade Alerts: *I'll be keeping up with trades and such more next season. I'm just trying to get through this first year one. My reason for the trades are because I am currently 3 games up in first place somehow. My offense is badly struggling but my pitching is keeping me in games. I was looking at teams who were clearly out of the race at this point before making my trades. I was a little bummed to trade Arozarena at 23 years old but he was my best prospect after the top 5. I traded Delmonico because he was having a terrible season. He just couldn't do anything even with the high potential and being a 72 overall. I didn't understand it but the Yankees were happy to have him. Both Dozier and Garcia being in contract years made things easier too regarding the trades and just being rentals for the rest of this season. Though, I'll have to careful look at the roster too because I have such a mix. My minors is lacking in hitting though. But, I do have Greene, Waters, Moniak, McCarthy coming.

Houston Astros trade:
Randy Arozarena, LF- 68, B potential
Eugene Helder, 1B- 55, C potential
AJ Graffanino, SS- 50, C potential

Cleveland Indians trade:
Avisail Garica, 79- C potenial $3.5M *contract year*

Houston Astros trade:
Nicky Delmonico, 72 - B potential
Jake Woodford, 59 - C potential (99 velocity)

New York Yankees trade:
Brian Dozier, 81 - C potenial $9.0M *contract year*

After August, I'll post the standing to let you know the playoff picture. I'm going to finish year 1 tonight.

Start of August

62-47 up by 4.5 games

August 19th- Max Scherzer torn groin out for 1-2 months
Forrest Whitley called up.

August 22nd- Jacob Nottingham shoulder tear out for 1-2 months.
Tyler Heineman called up.

August 31st- Adam Jones inflamed hip out for 1-2 weeks.
Brett Phillips called up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we are at September 1st, Playoff race battles

AL East: Rays 77-60 ] Red Sox 73-63 ] Orioles 71-64
AL Central: Tigers 76-59 ] Royals 74-63 ] White Sox 73-63
AL West: Astros 74-63 ] Athletics 70-66

NL East: Braves 81-56 ] Marlins 77-58
NL Central: Pirates 80-65 ] Reds 71-65
NL West: Padres 73-62 ] Rockies 73-64 ] Giants 71-64 ] Dodgers 70-68

These playoff races are going to be pretty tied down the stretch. Pirates in the NL Central probably have that wrapped up but you never know what could happen.

Ok all.. the first season is in the books! I was really surprised with how the team was playing. I didn't expect to do that well but I guess the mix I drafted worked out well. The trades for Dozier and Garcia helped hold the team together too. I didn't plan on doing any trades for but seeing where I was, already in 1st, I wanted to see what they were capable of doing. I wish MadMax wasn't hurt so I had him for the post-season. I'm not sure how these matchups are going to go for me.

AL East: Rays -90 ] Orioles - 86 ] Red Sox - 85 ] Yankees 77 ] Blue Jays 69
AL Central: Tigers - 93 ] White Sox - 88 ] Twins 83 ] Royals 81 ] Indians 59
AL West: Astros - 90 ] Athletics 85 ] Angels 76 ] Rangers 73 ] Mariners 72

NL East: Braves 99 ] Marlins 95 ] Phillies 74 ] Mets 74 ] Nationals 69
NL Central: Pirates 90 ] Cardinals 82 ] Reds 79 ] Brewers 79 ] Cubs 79
NL West: Dodgers 88 ] Padres 86 ] Giants 85 ] Rockies 84 ] Diamondbacks 60

Wow! Some really close races and really even teams mixed around the league. I love to see that sort of mix and matching happening. It's great because trades are so lame so the bad teams always stay bad with regular rosters for the most part. But, the draft really allowed teams to balance themselves.

AL Awards:
MVP - JD Martinez
CY - Noah Syndergaard
Batting Title: Carlos Correa
Reliever - Roberto Osuna
ROY - Pete Alonso

NL Awards:
MVP - Mike Trout
CY - Gerrit Cole
Batting - Joey Votto
Reliever - Chaz Roe
ROY - Austin Riley

No in game records broken. I do wish they had way more records to break aside from the same few for like 10 years haha. However, I know this cause I looked it up. Mike Trout had the second best WAR season in the history of major league baseball. His WAR was 13.5. The record is 14.1 by Babe Ruth.

Round 1 of the playoffs. Sorry I'm going quick through this. But, the Astros beat the Rays in 5 games! Started off the series 0-2. They move on to play the Orioles. They were sadly outed by the O's in 5 games. But, the Orioles went on to win the WS against the Braves! The Orioles won the Wild Card game to get into the bracket fully. The WS went the full 7 games with the O's coming out on top winning 6-4 in a 16 inning game!

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:44 AM, biggio7 said:

Thanks! You really should look into getting it anyway. Slowly start to get your kids over to the better side.

Haha, I may have incidentally talked my 9 year old into getting a PS4 for his room with his birthday money vs getting another Xbox.  He's dying to play the Spider-Man game and I was telling him about The Show and he's pretty amped up about that as well.  It helps that cross platform gaming is starting to happen more and more as well, since we have 2 Xbox Ones.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 9:21 PM, biggio7 said:

AL Awards:
MVP - JD Martinez
CY - Noah Syndergaard
Batting Title: Carlos Correa
Reliever - Roberto Osuna
ROY - Pete Alonso

NL Awards:
MVP - Mike Trout
CY - Gerrit Cole
Batting - Joey Votto
Reliever - Chaz Roe
ROY - Austin Riley

What teams are the players on since you did a fantasy draft?

I had a boo boo.

So, auto save is the worst thing on sports video games. That is all. I tried so many times the past few days to recreate the team that I had. It did not work out well. Then, I figured ok, I'll just redraft and make trades. That was even worse. I said, screw it. I'll just go real teams and I'll adjust from there. I'm going to quickly go through year one to get back into year two. Not happy about it but oh well. Anyway, happy 4th!

1 hour ago, biggio7 said:

I had a boo boo.

So, auto save is the worst thing on sports video games. That is all. I tried so many times the past few days to recreate the team that I had. It did not work out well. Then, I figured ok, I'll just redraft and make trades. That was even worse. I said, screw it. I'll just go real teams and I'll adjust from there. I'm going to quickly go through year one to get back into year two. Not happy about it but oh well. Anyway, happy 4th!

I don't understand