Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

Just now, Golfman said:

OMG, this kid better get healthy pretty soon....... It's getting aggravating that he's always injured. 

it's been 2+ years.  The guy is not going to get healthy.  Write him off as an injury bust and be pleasantly surprised when he plays 6 or more games.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

it's been 2+ years.  The guy is not going to get healthy.  Write him off as an injury bust and be pleasantly surprised when he plays 6 or more games.

Not ready for that but it is getting aggravating to be counting on the kid and he can't make it to the starting line. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Not ready for that but it is getting aggravating to be counting on the kid and he can't make it to the starting line. 

you're also talking about a training camp practice though.  Honestly don't even pay attention to who is healthy/playing in practice.  If he's missing games again this year, well, yeah that's who he is.  If not, well, he's bucking a really strong trend.

What I don't understand about King is that he seems to get hamstring injuries again and again. I am by no means a medical expert or even close to it but could it be just a conditioning issue? i.e he does not stay in shape during the off-season? Not enough warming up?

I had high hopes when we drafted him but at this time it is better to not depend on him anymore and look at alternatives.

1 minute ago, fistfullofbeer said:

What I don't understand about King is that he seems to get hamstring injuries again and again. I am by no means a medical expert or even close to it but could it be just a conditioning issue? i.e he does not stay in shape during the off-season? Not enough warming up?

I had high hopes when we drafted him but at this time it is better to not depend on him anymore and look at alternatives.

Sometimes the body is just built a certain way.  It's not always a matter of conditioning or yoga.  It could be the angles between the knee/butt and the gait of their run and a lot of factors which put an undue amount of stress on your hamstrings when you're going full tilt.  Once the muscle is pulled, it's  also really hard to get back to that state of strength.  It can be permanently weaker.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

Sometimes the body is just built a certain way.  It's not always a matter of conditioning or yoga.  It could be the angles between the knee/butt and the gait of their run and a lot of factors which put an undue amount of stress on your hamstrings when you're going full tilt.  Once the muscle is pulled, it's  also really hard to get back to that state of strength.  It can be permanently weaker.

Ah ok. Thanks. Is this something that can be surgically repaired? Would that be something King should be looking at?

I know surgery as a pro athlete is generally their last option but its not like King really has been able to bounce back healthy since he got drafted. I know its frustrating for us as fans but it has to be even worse for him.

13 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

10 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

you're also talking about a training camp practice though.  Honestly don't even pay attention to who is healthy/playing in practice.  If he's missing games again this year, well, yeah that's who he is.  If not, well, he's bucking a really strong trend.

Spending way too much time trying to reconcile these two posts coming from the same person.

Just now, fistfullofbeer said:

Ah ok. Thanks. Is this something that can be surgically repaired? Would that be something King should be looking at?

I know surgery as a pro athlete is generally their last option but its not like King really has been able to bounce back healthy since he got drafted. I know its frustrating for us as fans but it has to be even worse for him.

well, keep in mind he has had mostly shoulder/arm issues his first years of being unhealthy.

I'm not a doctor.  But there's certainly some players who can hold up in the college game but just are NOT built to be taking an NFL pounding.  That's ok.  It's part of the process.  Some guys who look like King's athletic profile and injury profile work out great in the NFL.

It's still too early to throw in the towel on king, but gosh, you gotta think he's probably gonna be an injured guy most of the time.  To me, TO was probably the guy who could do the most while being injured, and he healed very quickly.  King doesn't seem like that.

Just now, deathstar said:

Spending way too much time trying to reconcile these two posts coming from the same person.

the first is my thoughts, the second is the reality.  As a reason to discuss King, TC missed practice is a decent enough one to talk about his health.  Which is undeniably poor.

BUT!  As a TC practice for any player in a vacuum, missing one is really no biggie.  So IF (a small chance in my opinion) king actually has turned a healthy page, then missing this practice means nothing.

"honestly don't even pay attention" was meant as a command, a suggestion.  TC practices aren't really data points; we're just football starved so they seem important.

Does that help you reconcile?

#Packers aren’t in full pads, so take this for what it’s worth, but first-team D got good pressure on Aaron Rodgers with its 3-OLB look on third-down still:
Z Smith, Rashan Gary, Kyler Fackrell. (P Smith getting team reps off.) Mike Pettine could have a lot of fun with that.

Regarding Jordy Nelson, he won’t sign a one-day contract as some teams do when they allow a player to retire with team. It’s more of a ceremonial maneuver and not official. It avoids roster moves, drug tests (see Steven Jackson), etc ...

Archived