Bitcoin

BayRaider

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Would it be a terrible idea to just hold onto the LiteCoin I have right now? I'm kinda contemplating that. Does it have potential like Ether?

I'm not experienced enough to give you good advice on that.  Personally, I don't think Litecoin will reach ETH.  But if you like it, now is probably the worst time to sell...

Just now, TheVillain112 said:

I'm not experienced enough to give you good advice on that.  Personally, I don't think Litecoin will reach ETH.  But if you like it, now is probably the worst time to sell...

I honestly don't know a thing about LiteCoin. I only ever bought any as it was means to get into other AltCoin markets and I believe the transfer fees were lower than they are for BitCoin

18 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I honestly don't know a thing about LiteCoin. I only ever bought any as it was means to get into other AltCoin markets and I believe the transfer fees were lower than they are for BitCoin

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ktorpey/2017/12/28/will-bitcoins-lightning-network-kill-off-altcoins-focused-on-cheap-transactions

Take a look at that article.  Now how utilized the 'payment channels' will be in Bitcoin's Lightening Network when it's deployed is unknown.  But as you stated the big draw from Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash is the lower transaction fees.  LN update eliminates that advantage so then why buy altcoins when you can get bitcoin itself?  That's my thinking at least.  I will state, I am a novice though.  I've been reading heavily but only got into this market December 4th, so still a lot for me to learn.

The coins I moved most of my money to late last year/early this year have been ETH and NEO.  Mainly because both of them had a lot of ICO's launching utilizing their coins.  That move has paid off for me so far.  When looking at 'safe' coins I try to look at what ICO's/partnerships they have...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

>:(>:(>:(crap crap crap crap. I forgot I don't have anymore coin to deposit into Binance. 

Looking back at all the moving/buying that I've been doing, if I just brought ETH and held when I first got in, I probably would be doing better right now.  I wanted to have a diversified portfolio and I do now, but I could have saved myself a ton of time and research by just putting $ in ETH and HODLing...xD

• Like 1

ETH just exploded in the past month. Hindsight is definitely your friend lol. I am w/ you though, a diverse portfolio is nice. I like opening up Blockfolio and looking at everything. Even if it's all red like it is now, it's still interesting. Plus I wanted to grab some low risk, high reward stuff like I did w/ RDD and XMY. Right now it's looking ugly but it didn't start off that way lol

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

ETH just exploded in the past month. Hindsight is definitely your friend lol. I am w/ you though, a diverse portfolio is nice. I like opening up Blockfolio and looking at everything. Even if it's all red like it is now, it's still interesting. Plus I wanted to grab some low risk, high reward stuff like I did w/ RDD and XMY. Right now it's looking ugly but it didn't start off that way lol

But this is a golden opportunity right now to buy and I screwed up. I just bought some BTC but I won't have it till the 23rd. And I bought a little bit of ETH but I won't have that till the 21st. TRX even at .04 just b3cause of how it's used I figure will at least make it back to .08 a coin. And Stellar I think will reach .90 cents in the next 4 to 5 months and hit a plateau there for awhile. 

Ripple I just wanted because of its potential but Tron I really wanted because I believe it will rebound and stable out within the next 2 weeks or so. 

35 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

But this is a golden opportunity right now to buy and I screwed up. I just bought some BTC but I won't have it till the 23rd. And I bought a little bit of ETH but I won't have that till the 21st. TRX even at .04 just b3cause of how it's used I figure will at least make it back to .08 a coin. And Stellar I think will reach .90 cents in the next 4 to 5 months and hit a plateau there for awhile. 

Ripple I just wanted because of its potential but Tron I really wanted because I believe it will rebound and stable out within the next 2 weeks or so. 

I'm chomping at the bit myself.  I put a buy order in last week for BTC when it dipped and want to buy some Alts before it goes up, but I have to wait until the 18th...