Training camp day one recap

bucsfan333

So who knew man coverage actually can work.  This organization has been primarily a zone team since Dungy.  Even Schiano with Revis didn t play a ton of press.  Times are changing.  

Just how bad was the defensive staff?  I think Buckner is the only defensive coach who got a job in the league.  Duffner is a consultant.  Damn, that is bad.

10 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Just how bad was the defensive staff?  I think Buckner is the only defensive coach who got a job in the league.  Duffner is a consultant.  Damn, that is bad.

I think the old staff all coaches in college and even high school now. 😬😂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BZski said:

Is Justin Watson going to make your guys team? I remember him from last preseason and was impressed with his speed. I didnt really see much of him last regular season so wondering if he was on the bubble.

I think he's our starting slot right now. Or at least he's been getting a ton of reps there.

I don't think he's on the bubble. Evans, Godwin, Perriman, and Watson are all probably locks. I'd say Scotty Miller too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think he's our starting slot right now. Or at least he's been getting a ton of reps there.

I don't think he's on the bubble. Evans, Godwin, Perriman, and Watson are all probably locks. I'd say Scotty Miller too.

Kinda figured after Humphries left. Didnt know if Watson was an Arians type WR as he seems to like the smaller fast guys (John Brown, JJ Nelson, etc)

2 minutes ago, BZski said:

Kinda figured after Humphries left. Didnt know if Watson was an Arians type WR as he seems to like the smaller fast guys (John Brown, JJ Nelson, etc)

BA has ranted and raved about Evans and Godwin since he got here and both are tall, lanky outside receivers. He signed Perriman and drafted Scotty Miller to be the speedsters.

Watson is a little of both, but not as fast or lanky. It'll be interesting to see how BA utilizes him.

1 minute ago, BZski said:

It s a fair point about the smaller WR prototype.  There are a couple of UDFAs WRs that could push for a roster spot.  I wouldn t be surprised if they carry 6 WRs on the final 53.

I do believe if the HC wasn t in a make or break last year, I believe Watson should have received more offensive snaps.  Since Koetter was trying to save his job, the rookie stayed on the sidelines.

• Like 1