Week 1 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (0-0) @ Houston Texans (0-0)

.Buzz

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Are we all just assuming we get killed Sunday? Stranger things have happened Week 1

No. Texans offense isn't very good besides Hopkins. Their defense is legit but as long as we don't have any pick six's/turnovers that give them the ball on our side of the field I expect a low scoring game.

7 minutes ago, Jags said:

Not sure if it was discuessed earlier, but Omameh is going to get the start at LG. Let's see how he holds up. It's going to be a long day for this entire offensive line. 

Yeah, pointed that out earlier but its a good discussion point.

I expect most everyone to have a tough time, they have an elite front, but Omameh is easily the best LG option between him/Shatley/Watford (cut now though) and it wasn't close imo. He had one bad preseason game after a strong camp and they opened it up for a competition for some reason. Didn't think any of the other guys were more than strict depth. I think Omameh can be a semi-competent LG, although at times he may struggle here and there.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, pointed that out earlier but its a good discussion point.

I expect most everyone to have a tough time, they have an elite front, but Omameh is easily the best LG option between him/Shatley/Watford (cut now though) and it wasn't close imo. He had one bad preseason game after a strong camp and they opened it up for a competition for some reason. Didn't think any of the other guys were more than strict depth. I think Omameh can be a semi-competent LG, although at times he may struggle here and there.

The truth of the matter is that he got destroyed be elite talent if I remember correctly. He was going against Gerald McCoy? Yeah I just watched the first possession of the Tampa game and he was getting manhandled by McCoy. 

Just now, Jags said:

The truth of the matter is that he got destroyed be elite talent if I remember correctly. He was going against Gerald McCoy? Yeah I just watched the first possession of the Tampa game and he was getting manhandled by McCoy. 

Yeah, Gerald McCoy makes good OG's look bad. 

I'm all for competition but imo it's clear that Omameh is the only half way decent starting option for LG. Shatley is very solid depth but he isn't a guy you want out there consistently. Watford was just strict depth.

18 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, Gerald McCoy makes good OG's look bad. 

I'm all for competition but imo it's clear that Omameh is the only half way decent starting option for LG. Shatley is very solid depth but he isn't a guy you want out there consistently. Watford was just strict depth.

21557236_1656096537742482_654694959_o.pn

McCoy just leaving him in the dust and surprisingly he doesn't get the sack. I'm not sure who he'll be facing against the Texans, but expect more of this on 3rd and long situations. 

3 minutes ago, Jags said:

21557236_1656096537742482_654694959_o.pn

McCoy just leaving him in the dust and surprisingly he doesn't get the sack. 

Yeah, not good.

OL play is just bad across the league. We definitely need to do something long term about both our OG spots most likely and Parnell is probably done after this year I'd imagine being our RT. I'm not holding my breath on Cann working out either as he's struggled mightily this preseason too. I do think Omameh will do decent enough though at LG.

I'm interested to see if Josh Walker could turn into something too. Texans media seemed to think he was a legit starting option at OG for them.

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Just finished watching the Auburn/Clemson game...cant help but feel like its a preview for tomorrow's game. Offense cant move the ball/keep people out of the backfield and defense holding on for dear life

It's not like Houston's offense is a juggernaut itself. If we can hold down Hopkins to a certain extent then I'm really not worried about much there.

Offense is going to struggle, it's not great as is and this may be the most talented front in the NFL. It's going to be tough. Hence most people thinking a low 17-13 type score either way. It's definitely not going to be very pretty for either team unless turnovers happen causing good field position or unless one of the defenses have a poor outing.

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

It's not like Houston's offense is a juggernaut itself. If we can hold down Hopkins to a certain extent then I'm really not worried about much there.

Offense is going to struggle, it's not great as is and this may be the most talented front in the NFL. It's going to be tough. Hence most people thinking a low 17-13 type score either way. It's definitely not going to be very pretty for either team unless turnovers happen causing good field position or unless one of the defenses have a poor outing.

That just further explains the Auburn/Clemson comparison. 

Archived