Surprise Cuts

BStanRamFan

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Wasn't he at one point looked at as a possible Joe Thomas replacement?

Might be confusing him with another Brown's OL.

Yeah, he was picked 33rd overall last year and initially tried at LT and was beat out by Desmond Harrison.  He looked out of place at LT and the moved him inside and he spent his rookie year learning behind a solid group of vets.

This offseason Zeitler is traded and he’s penciled in as the RG.  Thus far through camp he’s been outplayed by OG Kush and our 5th round pick, Drew Forbes (who is winning the job).

Now he’s working as the backup center and played 48 snaps in the second preseason game.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Austin Corbett.   Kid has struggled.

We're liking all of the Browns' casualties, so I can see him jumping on to the Texans roster.

Roedrick Johnson is now a Texan, and he's got a legitimate shot at playing some meaningful snaps at LT - he might actually get the starting job W1. I don't know if it's because he's good, or if it's because Matt Kalil is so bad...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

We're liking all of the Browns' casualties, so I can see him jumping on to the Texans roster.

Roedrick Johnson is now a Texan, and he's got a legitimate shot at playing some meaningful snaps at LT - he might actually get the starting job W1. I don't know if it's because he's good, or if it's because Matt Kalil is so bad...

Rod Johnson should have never been cut if for no other reason than his name.

• Like 1