DE (5) M.Bennett, D.Wise, J.Simon, C.Winovich, S.Calhoun
DT (4) L.Guy, D.Shelton, A.Butler, B.Cowart
ILB(2) J.Bentley, E.Roberts
OLB(3) D.Hightower, K.VanNoy, J.Collins
CB (5) S.Gilmore, J.McCourty, J.Jackson, J.Jones, J.Williams
SS (2) P.Chung, O.Melifonwu
FS (2) D.McCourty, D.Harmon

Special Teams:

ST (7) S.Gostkowski, J.Bailey, J.Cardona, , M.Slater, G.Olszewski, N.Ebner, T.Brooks

Others:

TE Ben Watson (Suspended)
TE Lance Kendricks (Suspended)
WR Cam Meredith (PUP)
T Yodny Cajuste (NFI)
C David Andrews (IR)
LB Derek Rivers (IR)
G Hjalte Froholdt  (IR)
S Malik Gant (IR)
LB Brandon King (IR)

Practice Squad:

DE Ufamba Kamalu
DE Derri Green
LB Terez Hall
OT Tyree St. Louis
LB Calvin Munson
TE Stephen Anderson
OT Dan Skipper
FB Jakob Johnson
DT Nick Thurman

Looks good. Assuming they'll be keeping an eye on TE cuts around the league. Surprised Thomas didn't make the 53, though there might be some news to come on that front.

That D looks good. Especially the DL, looks stacked.

EDIT: Is Andrews full IR, or is he eligible to return?

3 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Looks good. Assuming they'll be keeping an eye on TE cuts around the league. Surprised Thomas didn't make the 53, though there might be some news to come on that front.

That D looks good. Especially the DL, looks stacked.

EDIT: Is Andrews full IR, or is he eligible to return?

All of those listed in IR are done for the year.

This is one of the better opening day rosters the Patriots have rolled out in a long while. I'd put it up there with 2003 and 2014. Few things I'd like to point out:

-Michel looks much more explosive, decisive and confident coming into year two. I'm excited to see him oddly benefit more from a "lesser" role with Harris on the team and taking some load off of him in early down and short yardage situations.

-Assuming Thomas gets resigned, the skillset of this receiving corp might be the most talented up to this point. Three 6'3 big bodied receivers who could run, to go along with the typical quick and crafty smaller guys in Edelman and Dorsett. That kind of talent at the position has been unprecedented in the BB/Brady/McDaniels era. The last preseason game might have been a glimpse of what this offense could look like this season. I'm pretty got damn excited to see it unfold.

-Speaking of Dorsett, I think he's a dark horse to end up with the second most catches on the team this season. His growth, maturity and chemistry with Brady and the offense continues to go up. Really hoping he could add the lid lifting element to the offense this year.

-A few seasons ago, I was worried if we were going to be able to keep this Secondary together long enough to compensate for the team to reinvent itself in the front seven, and it looks like this is the year it's going to come together. The Patriots lost Butler and Ryan in the meantime, but Belichick unearthing Jackson and Jones from god knows where has definitely allowed the team to use more resources in rebuilding the front of the defense. Winovich looks like a DROY in the making, and Michael Bennett is the perfect player for a Belichick defensive front, his crappy attitude aside.  For all the pointers I just made about the offense, what are the odds the defense might actually end up being the better unit of the team this season? I think it's HIGH.

-We were able to put together another Super Bowl run with perhaps one of the weaker Patriot teams in 2018. The team has only improved since then. 

We're on to 2019.....

#LordOfTheRings

Archived